S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i got a 12 gallon 8 port tank, can i just mount the vlaves to the tank or should i mount them somewhere else??? and where would that somewhere else be???

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
where ever you put them, make sure they are cway from water and moisuter.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay that makes sense so i should be ok mounting them right to the tank cause im putting the tank in the bed of my truck which is covered by a hard tonneau cover!!!

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
The closer the valves are to the bag the quicker of a lift you will get. Try to mount them on the side of the frame near the front suspension. The back if you have a cut through of the bed mount the valves on the bags.

Which valves did you get, I'm guessing from AIM/Chassis tech because of the 8 port tank, but which ones did you end up getting?

Chad

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my tank isnt from AIM (SHAIM) the tank has 4 ports runnin along the front ,1 on top, 1 on bottom and 1 on either side, i believe it is form airlift ,and the valves i got are 3/8" SMC's

;) ;) ;)

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Be careful with those SMC, make sure you do not put them in your engine compartment, the heat from the engine gets the valves way too hot. What I ended up doing is mounting them on the side of the frame and I had a cover made and bolted it on the frame to cover the valves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts