S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my AVS gauges today, and i plan on installing them tomorrow, but im not sure of a good place to put them lol..anyone have pics/suggestions of where to put them? i have a stock dash and interior for the most part, and no console beside the little cup holder in front of the gearshift lol

·
2 Tone
1,884 Posts
use your imagination to come up with something. Be different from the rest is all i have to say

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have no imagination lol..i sat out there lookin for a place, but it looks like im gonna have to try to make some bracket to mount it to, so i just wanted to see what others had done with gauges

·
Blazin on 8!
1,782 Posts
I'm going with the pillar pod for now... Then, I'll build a custom center console... I'd say the console is the best bet for ya. Hell, maybe even try a custom overhead console!

·
Blazin on 8!
1,782 Posts
The pillar pod cluster is pretty cheap from Ebay. Less than $25. You have to modify your stock pillar piece, but it's cheap, and it looks pretty clean. If you don't have any glassin, resin, metal, or nunchuck skills, you could always go with the pillar.

·
2 Tone
1,884 Posts
id think it would look cool tucked behind the shifter in a fiberglass console, or in the dash somewhere where you can see it clearly while driving. Maybe in the place of where the stock HU is and make a custom bezel. Or make a square pod for it and mount it on top of your dash pointing towards you. Hell, maybe go to the junkyard and pull an over head console that has a sunglass case holder, and somehow mount it in there so that its hidden and you can access it by pushing up on it to release it. So many ideas

·
got me some 20s
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would try to glass them somewhere, but i have no fiberglass skills, and i dont wanna learn with my truck lol

·
Blazin on 8!
1,782 Posts
Learn from some test parts... You don't permenantly glass stuff to your truck! lol Make a base form from wood, then cover with fleece. Coat fleece in fiberglass resin. Place fiberglass matting on resin. Cover matting with more resin. Let dry, sand, cover with resin-glass matting-resin... and so on.

·
interior is overated
336 Posts
when i was looking into digital guages i was planning on mounting them into the the ac vent that is closest to the driverside door or in the ash tray

·
N Da Werx
741 Posts
mine are just your round needle gauges fiberglassed into the pillar, and my tank gauge is in my kick panel. <<everyone thinks that one is cool! and all it took was 5 minutes and a hole saw!!!
and the damn fiberglass ones took way longer!!! hahaha

·
N Da Werx
741 Posts
that looks pretty good!

·
2 Tone
1,884 Posts
i modified a 01 silverado overhead consul to install my Dakota digital gauges.
here are some pics.
pic1
pic2
thats exactly what i was saying. That looks really cool

1 - 17 of 17 Posts