S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you should hide your wires, and have a hole in the fire wall for them to go through, but i haven't found a good spot, so i was hoping for some advice (or pics) of where to do this.

·
Registered
745 Posts
where are the wires?

Hidding wires has positives and negatives,The big pos is ,it looks awesome,The negs are ,no easy way to do it right,call the doctor if you ever have electric problems,if you hide the wires you should fill the extra holes,get the picture?

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
ok standing in front of your truck looking at the firewall ...right above the throttle cable (plastic grommet) you should be able to drill around that area thats where i have my amp power wire and all my wires for my neons and anything else that need'd power direct from the battery.....be sure to use a snap in grommet or some type of silicon or 3m makes strip coulk we refer to it as dumb gum at work...but try that should be all good
later
jason

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
When I installed my amp I ran the wire into the cab through the little rubber tube that connects the door to the cab. there is a hole from the engine compartment to the gap between the door and the cab. In that space there is a little rubber tube for the wires that run to the door speakers and whatever else is on the door. You can poke a little hole in there and run your wires into it because it leads under the dash. Its a little hard getting the wires in there because its a little windey, but it makes for a really clean install and you can't see the wires at all. I'm sorry if that doesn't make much sense. Does anyone know what I'm talking about that could explain it better than me? I hope that helps.

THomas

·
Registered
444 Posts
I don't know what year your truck is but on my 99 if you pull the carpet up on the passenger side under the dash you will find a hole to run wires through. It worked great for me to run my #8 wire and a couple others from the battery.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
ok i bought my truck used and the guy who had it before me had run a power cable and left it there. The way it was run was to rip the carpet up under the drivers feet, kinda pull it back. Now there should be a layer of foam under there that you will either have to rip or cut up, try to do this in the middle part of where the brake pedal is. now you should see a big hole under there that leads right into the fire wall and the engine bay. you should be able to feed the cable right up there and run it along the top wire loom over the back of the engine. If you want pictures i can take some, but it would be a day or 2.:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
whatever you do dont run your wire through the door boot like someone said in above post stay away from the door opening ..running the wire in that area can lead to you pinching the wire and shorting it to ground which would in turn hopefully blow your fuse..but if the fuse is too big you might have a little fire or ruin your equipment..ive seen it several times at work...wire ran in the most crazy ways you could even think man
but stay away from the door area
later
jason

·
Registered
95 Posts
Okay.

On the passenger side. Where they put there feet, you can look right above against the firewall. You will find a big rubber grommet, that is where the antenna for the radio is run through. If you pop the hood and follow the antenna from the fender to the firewall you will find the same hole. I used this hole to run my 0 gauge power cable. It is big enough so that you won't have to drill anything, you may however, have to trim a little off of the rubber grommet. It is also closest to the battery.

·
Registered
444 Posts
XplodSonoma...that's the hole I was talking about. It comes in handy for running cables/wires through and like you said it's close to the battery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts