S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a regular cab and recently got deal on deal on two ten alpine type e's (I been told they're lower end alpine but I don't know Shizit about car audio) and a 300 watt alpine amp. but I have ZERO room behind the seat I custom installed a couple buckets out of a neon and they don't adjust.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of putting them in a center console type thing that would run from the dash to the back of the cab and have the subs right next to my knee one pointed at the driver one at the passenger.

Anyone know how much airspace is required for ten inch type E's

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well...

I have a 96 regular cab with Prelude bucket seats. I was able to fit 3 10's, 3 amps, and a capacitor, but it required alot of work. Anyone taller than myself really cannot drive it, and i'm 5'10". I have 3 boston acoustic competitors, with 6" moutning depth, and .5 ft^3 sealed. According to Alpine, your subs have a 5.9" mounting depth. I know it looks deceiving, but make sure you measure really well...unless the buckets are installed very very far back, I think you might be able to fit them. Make sure to take into account the angle at which you like your seat (i only installed the speaker grills because the middle sub is exposed). It might be a tight fit, but it worth it when your done to see the look on people's faces.....best of luck with whatever you decide!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts