S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Goin' Nowhere Fast
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I was gonna go mess around w/ my EGR (block it off), but I couldn't find it....there's NOTHING coming off of my exhaust manifold...the only EGR looking thing I found is on teh INTAKE, but it's got nothing on it 'cept a line going into a harness...NOTHING going anywhere NEAR my exhaust....

it's a '91 A code by the way...so where is my EGR or do I even have one? anyone? thanks :)

·
Banned
282 Posts
HOW?

How can you block it or modify it? I have heard of it, but never really understood what the point of it would be...

What do you have to do to perform this mod and what gains will I see or differences will i see? Thanks fellas!

trick082

·
Aftermath (Canuck side)
346 Posts
DAMN ISLANDERS!! lol, and i get stuck with all the emissions :(

Stick a screw in the vacuum line, bypass it that way lol. Why would you care to modify it though? purpose is to recirculate a portion of the exhaust gas back into the intake manifold, reburning it and keeping combustion chamber temperatures down, which aids in reducing emissions. Just plug up the vacuum line with a screw or a bypass plug (windshield tubin size) Makes no diff with oomph for your engine though. Them ponies wont be affected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts