S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time post. Not sure this is the right section Doing a lower intake manifold gasket on my winter beater.(2001 4.3L 4x4) Truck was leaking coolant from front passenger side. Got the intake manifold off and after I got it out found this o ring sitting on the valve cover. Where does it go. And a pic of one of the plugged coolant ports

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think it goes toward the rear of the upper intake there is a fitting that it goes on. I just did same intake gasket Monday night there was a replacement orang that size in the kit. I did not use mine. It may be for the vacuum hose fitting for the brake booster.

·
Registered
92 Posts
that gasket kit might cover the years that had a Distributor and that would likely be the Distributor O-Ring

Usually the Gasket carton gives you a part number and usage breakdown on the front of it

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
This looks like a 4.3, yes? ^^^ good call. Dizzy seal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well got the lower back on and I still can't seem to figure out where this goes. There's two ports on the right of the upper intake with both orange o rings that look similar. But this one doesn't fit correctly into either

·
Registered
92 Posts
Like I said above...the GASKET KIT CARTON tells you what comes in it and what they're for

BTW...you're a 4.3 and this is the 60 degree V6 forum not the 90 degree V6 forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry bout that. All it says is o-ring on the description but this didn't come with the gasket kit. It fell off something as I pulled the lower intake off and I can't find where it goes now. There is no O-ring the same size in the gasket kit.

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
Did you consider this o ring may have been from another job?
It may have been sitting there the whole time and you just noticed it... :rolleyes:

That has happened to me a few times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
Mad Max
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing