S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where should i get a 3/4 drop kit for mt 98 ext cab s10?
i cant seem to find the correct parts to get it lowered enough.... like belltech sells 3/3 kits and 4/4 kits and DJM sells 3/4 kits but they require their control arms, and i dont wanna go that route.....

what have you guys done?

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
Summitracing.com

5/6 drop,.. all belltech. 3" springs, 2" spindles, 3" blocks with taper and mono leafed with overload spring.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
If you want a 3/4 drop get,

1" coils, 2" spindles,1" blocks and 3" leafs from summitracing.

This will handle the best. Optionally you can elect to get

3" coils and 4" blocks.

But, I highly recommend the first, it will provide a smoother ride.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
Mr.Tweak said:
how badly does this hurt towin capabilties?
with drop leafs/pulled leaf(s) you would see a reduction in payload capacity but otherwise ive hauled stuff around in my truck no problem and im sure i wouldnt have much problem towing

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i go with a 3in drop springs, and a 1in drop block, does the drop block still need the 2 degree angle?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and another thing, i was lookin on the summit site and they have rear lowering springs for the s10. it says they are for a v6 s10, do they work on the 4 cyl also?

·
its the end of the world.
560 Posts
You get angled blocks if you have an xcab, straight blocks for a reg. cab.

Mr.Tweak said:
if i go with a 3in drop springs, and a 1in drop block, does the drop block still need the 2 degree angle?

·
its the end of the world.
560 Posts
Rear (leaf) springs will work with any engine type, as the weight of the engine does not affect the back.

Mr.Tweak said:
and another thing, i was lookin on the summit site and they have rear lowering springs for the s10. it says they are for a v6 s10, do they work on the 4 cyl also?

·
long liver s10's!
286 Posts
I bought my Belltech 3/4 kit from sporttruckdirect.com and my Bilstien shocks from autozone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts