S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
A Dime in Deutschland
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Not a difficult question for you, but i am in Germany and then it is a problem...
I saw some on Ebay, but they don´t send to germany or they would send, but about150$ for shipping??? Some guys are stupid!!!!:(
So does someone know a place in the internet, where i could get a new grill (old style, the middle part of the 3 pieces grill)
important would be the shipping to europe....
Please help!!

BTW:
Or has someone of you a good looking grill for sale??

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Have you tried somewhere like LMC truck they might ship international.

You signature says 91 s10 that should be a peace if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
ok ummm hmmm have you tried looking on craigslist for a used one someone might be interested in selling

·
A Dime in Deutschland
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
craiglist is not to use for me, if i try craiglist.com, they show me the german homepage of them..even when i go through http://anonymouse.org/, they send me to a HP in Moscow:rolleyes:
And the lokal sides here in germany are not full of s10 parts...only VW parts :(

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
that's weird ok I am out of ideas but the classifieds here on the forum someone will most likely have one as lots of people switch to the 1 peace grill.

which part of Germany are you from?

·
A Dime in Deutschland
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
which part of Germany are you from?
Don´t know exactly what you mean with "part", but i live in the northwest of germany, North Rhine-Westphalia .
http://www.wn-nrw.de/laender/nrw.gif

We have some shops here who sell us-car parts, but thy have to order from us as well, and then its more expensive than order myself...

The reason i want a new grill is the old one looks very bad, the chrome is bad and flying away.
I also thought about painting it, but then it is only black, and i love the chrome.

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sorry I meant like near Berlin or something my great grandparents are from north western Germany can't remember the name of the town they are from though.

Ya we have the same problem with sertian vehicles here I remember when my grandparents had there taxi all the used where 80's I think mercedese they had to get a few parts imported

·
Registered
927 Posts
maybe see ifthe guys in UK can help out or one of us can ship to you if lmc doesn't ship international but you would need someone near them so they could pick up at the store to cut down on cost

·
A Dime in Deutschland
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hello!

The member from sweden, chris79, has sold his S10, but it was a good idea!
In between i have began to sand the old grill, i try to paint it black.
Then i have no more chrome :( , but i think that looks better than the old scruffy one.
Thank God that the grill isn´t broken or something like that...
Perhaps i try some chrome to glue on like this:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300457096001&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

While i started sanding, i noticed, that the whole grill is chromed, the black colour is painted on the chrome...
Hard work to sand the chrome that the new black will stay on it, especially in all these small edges.

BTW:
I ask a company here in germany to make the grill new chrome.........but 500€ is too much......

·
Registered
14 Posts
depending on what grill you want, im in wisconsin and i have a junk yard that is about a half and hour away from me...i can pull a grille for you and you can pay the shipping on it. I paid 30 bucks for a complete door shell from these guys...10 bucks for an intake maifold...pretty dang cheap.

·
A Dime in Deutschland
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are some chrome paints out there that look very close to chrome now. Try a gloss black base then duplicolor chrome.

Viel Gluck! (dont know how to type umlauts lol)
Danke schön!!

(The "umlaute" are not on your keyboard , here they are. but you could also write a "e" to make it right "Glueck" ):D

I have tryed some paintig, but it look bad...
So i stared searching again.
I have found an Ebay offer:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...9065181&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESINDXX:IT
with not so high shipping cost.
But i would prefer an complete chrome grill......
Rockauto wanted 160$ shipping via Fedex international:rant:

·
A Dime in Deutschland
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you for the link.
In between i have bought a new grille yesterday.
i bought the ebay auction^^ and the seller chenges the chrome/blk grille to a chrome/argent grille with the same price.
So i get a new grille and 2 new headlight doors for about 127$ incl shipping to Germany. Because of the dollar exchange rate it is 93€, thats ok.
Now i have to wait ......

Thanks to all for helping!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts