S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.?
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking everywhere with no luck. so does anyone know where i can find some 20" polished stainless brake dust shields or brake disc simulators as some call them?

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.?
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
anyone that has them they fit 17"-20" wheels so when i put them on my 20" wheels there will be a gap around the out side edge of the shield which will look like ass. stylin has nothing for me. ebay only had them for 6-lug and sfx no longer has them. also why do you add:barf: ?

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.?
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They look :barf:

Every vehicle I seen them on, they just ruin the vehicle.
i have seen some that look pretty damn good. my fullsize is blue/silver and i had thought about getting some black ones and having them painted silver also, but i just cant decide which one to do.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.?
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Re: where can i find some 20" brake dust shields?

heres some pics of my truck. what would look the best polished,painted silver or black? oh yeah these pics are about a year old and yes i did get rid of the ugly ass mirrors and replaced them with street scene mirrors.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.?
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd just spray the rear drums black and leave the front discs alone.
That looks best to me.
yeah that would be fine if i had chrome wheels but these boyd coddington wheels are a bitch to keep clean.

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.?
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Twizted Intentions TN
1,431 Posts
i like them and i do have chrome wheels, i just hate the look of the ugly drums in the rear. To each his own. i got mine from stylin, DONT SHOOT!

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.?
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i like them and i do have chrome wheels, i just hate the look of the ugly drums in the rear. To each his own. i got mine from stylin, DONT SHOOT!
what color shields do you have? got any pics?

·
Banned
12,194 Posts
That's some nice work.

I personally dislike shields, just use ceramic pads and try your best to keep shit clean.

I painted my rear drums silver and calipers silver, I think it looks good with my chrome wheels.

·
32,797 Posts
yeah that would be fine if i had chrome wheels but these boyd coddington wheels are a bitch to keep clean.
The rims are still gonna get dirty. This will not keep them spotless.

The rears are drums, so the rear sheilds are just for looks (to which I think just blacking out the drums looks much better.).

In the fronts, it'll keep some of the brake dust off (but I still think having visible real disc brakes looks much better).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts