S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1986 S10 4x4 long bed pickup with the 5 speed trans and have looked everywhere for a shifter boot but no luck, I'm tired of the mice getting in thru the worn out one Please Help! Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Have you tried Rockauto.com?

·
Been there Done it
11,177 Posts

·
Been there Done it
11,177 Posts
That link was for an 86 S10 shift boot. Isn't that what you wanted?
I doubt you'll find a brand new one for a 35 year old truck.

·
Registered
98 2.2 Extended cab, 2001 V6 Extended cab Sport Suspension, 2001 V6 Extended Cab 4x4
1,345 Posts
I don't remember them being one piece the last time I took one of these trucks apart. That was quite a few years ago, and the truck I took apart also had carpet so maybe that could have been a factor.

I would take them to an upholstery shop and see if they could make you a new one out of vinyl or leather. It will prolly be about the same cost as a repop. If you want the repop option I would say try LMC Truck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't remember them being one piece the last time I took one of these trucks apart. That was quite a few years ago, and the truck I took apart also had carpet so maybe that could have been a factor.

I would take them to an upholstery shop and see if they could make you a new one out of vinyl or leather. It will prolly be about the same cost as a repop. If you want the repop option I would say try LMC Truck.
Look at the above photo, I've had this off it is one piece.

·
Registered
98 2.2 Extended cab, 2001 V6 Extended cab Sport Suspension, 2001 V6 Extended Cab 4x4
1,345 Posts
Look at the above photo, I've had this off it is one piece.
What are they made out of? They look like rubber or vinyl in the pics. The one I remember removing was a cloth backed leather or maybe vinyl, but it felt too soft to be vinyl. I still say check out an upholstery shop, this is something that you would have learned how to make in school learning how to make upholstery, so it should be fairly cheap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What are they made out of? They look like rubber or vinyl in the pics. The one I remember removing was a cloth backed leather or maybe vinyl, but it felt too soft to be vinyl. I still say check out an upholstery shop, this is something that you would have learned how to make in school learning how to make upholstery, so it should be fairly cheap.
It's leather. I special ordered this truck in 1986 so I know it inside and out, it got totaled out some years ago so I had to darn near rebuilt it from the ground up. The drive train is all BorgWarner with the T5 transmission, reg cab and long bed. Just shy of 300,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Well, good luck on your search! Let us know what you find out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts