S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious when the low fuel warning light comes on?
I have never let my tank get below 5 gallons, so I have
no idea if it even works. And I dont want to find out
that it doesnt.....

95 S10
Thanks,
Sean
Indianapolis

·
Registered
25 Posts
i had a 89 mustang along time ago and i wondered the same thing, so i filled a gallon container of gas, put it in the back, and drove around aimlessly till i ran out of gas, which, to my suprise, was like 2 slashes above empty. Its kinda primitive, but its the only way to know for sure

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
low fuel light..

I think it comes on when you have an average of 50 miles left, but thats just a guess (my friends cougar (eww, ford:bash: ) it comes on when he have 50 left

;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: low fuel light..

PisOnCavalier said:
I think it comes on when you have an average of 50 miles left, but thats just a guess (my friends cougar (eww, ford:bash: ) it comes on when he have 50 left

;)
i've gone well over 60 miles after that light came on.. but then again i'm stuck at home right now because my truck wont start because i have no gas..

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
That happened to me Thanksgiving Day. I went out to start it and it read like I had a 1/4 tank left. It wouldn't start. They towed it to the dealership put 5 gallons of gas in, charged me $74.20 and said everything was fine. I hate my dealership...:bash:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I don't fill up until that light comes on.
When I fill up it only takes 15 gallons give or take depending on how long I drive with it on.
Since the S10 has an 18.75 gallon tank it probably goes on around 3-4 gallons are left.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts