S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I removed the wheelwells up front the other day. It was not hard at all and now i shouldnt have to worry about my tires rubbing on every bump like before. Especially since the next time i drive it, it will be bagged!!! So the extra tire clearance will be great, plus it looks cool when you pop the hood and see the wheels and suspension right there. Now all I have to do is clean it all up so it looks good. All in good time!!!!

Attachments

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
looks good

did they just unbolt? or did you have to cut them up? what are you when it rains?:confused: i ask cause i would like to bag my truck and cutting my tubs is something that will help keep my tires from rubbin.:idea:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEah it was simple, like 8-10 bolts for each side and i then pulled them out. But my truck has been sitting for a couple months and when i could find the time i took everything off the wheelwells previously, like the overflow tank, the winshield washer fluid tank, and anything else. Keep in mind if your truck is newer (mine is a '94) you could have more stuff to remove and/or relocate. LIKE THE COMPUTER!!!!! I still have to relocate the battery because the back of the bracket for it use to sit on the wheelwell so now it is sagging and cant hold the weight of the battery. and as far as an overflow tank, i think i will just get a small one and bolt it up next to the radiator. Also on the driverside the little frion (sp?) tank for the airconditioning was held up with a bracket that bolted to the wheelwell, so i will have to make one that goes to the framerail instead to hold it in place. Other than that is is cool, and it looks cool when you open the hood. Cant wait til it is all cleaned up and i have some 18's with nice rubber to look at so it will be more impressive when you open the hood.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
one more thing...

there is nothing that i should worry about in the rain though? i ask again cause i dont want to find out the hard way.:uhoh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts