S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been hacking away at my front end trying to lay frame when I finnaly realized my tires are to big. I am using stock wheels at the moment with 225/70/r15 which I think is around 27.4 in tall and I read in other posts that I searched people are running 20s and 22s 24 to 26 inches tall. So that leads me to my question which has been answered many times over the years not so much recently, What size wheels and tires is everybody laying frame running up front and back? Also backspaceing. I am thinking I want 18/20 but I dont know.
20210610_185144.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
in your last pic, you most likely need to notch the mount to clear the LCA. Excuse my MS paint render, but this is the area:
20210610_185119.jpg

I had to do that to lay frame on 2 different s10's when using stock LCAs

The tire size question depends if you want to keep stock inner fender wells or not.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am glad you point that out I was a little iffy when I cut it out yesterday. I thought I deleted that picture but it stll dont lay. I dont plan on using stock inner fenders. But I was thinking I would get to run on my stocks for now and no one I seen looked to have cut as much as I did. Thats when I looked to tire calculator. Right know the the LCA is sitting on this part of the rear mount.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
you can lay those big wheels on 'stock' arms. yes cut out the portion he marked in red above. the issue, is you'll get big bump steer. you can live with it, but plan on the LOS no toe kit at some point. Do you have drop spindles?
also, an S10 wont 'lay flat' with out a small Z up front.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts