S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello people i was pondering today sittin in the shop n i looked over at my 2 spd powerglide sittin in my shop, then i had an idea to how i could get my s10 to pop a wheelie, do you think if i put a 400 small block mainly stock with all the bolt on parts n mabe a lil head work backed with that 2 speed n a 4000 stall converter with the right gears?? n a 4 link kit n my truck i can get it to bring the front tires off the ground.
its a 99 s10 with 28x12.5 et streets n its lowered like 4/5.
idc if it gets 5 miles to the gallon its just a play toy, may go to the strip every now n again. i just want a truck thatll pop a wheelie

·
Overhead Console Expert
1,884 Posts
not really....no. the s10's are so heavy you would have to strip a lot of crap off and move the motor farther back to balence the weight better. time is better spent doing something else.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I say yes.

Reason being. With a 4 link (adjustable) you can make it come up with little power. A friend (who builds tube chassis race cars etc) PUt a sbf with some mods (only put 268hp and 354 tq down) into a mustang. Put adjustable suspension underneath it and well had it DEAD HOOK most of the time. Showed me just by making some changes that it can pop a wheelie. It pulled the tires over 10" off the ground. Problem when he did that was that he ran slower. BTW, this was on a street car weighting 3400 lbs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm ive got about every small block n every tranny there is for chevy
would a 700r4 b good cause they have a low first gear n 4 total gears but then idk bout overdrive holding up at full throttle
400/350 i was running one a 350 n all it did was spin but i dont no if the 4 link would help or not as far as traction mabe i need wider tires
2 speed **** i guess its for sale

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
your 700r4 will not go into overdrive at wot.

Usse a complete fiberglass front clip, tube frt frame and 4 link would due to trick

A friend dragged raced a 89 blazer with a 800 hp 400sbc with a glass frt clip and it pulled the tires at every lauch he was runing a linco 3 spd. and 4500 stall, turn 8900 rpms

the question you have to ask yourself is how much money you want to spend and if you have 50k in you truck to pop a wheelie is it worth it. you could always intall hydro and make it bounch the frt off the ground, it would be cheaper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts