S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 s10 xtreme lowered with 2" belltech drop spindles, 2" blocks in the back. Nitro drop shocks all around.

My truck seems to come down hard on the passenger wheel well when travelling at high speed and going down a dip in the road.

I don't want to go any lower in the front. I was told that i could use a 2" drop spring to tighten up the ride but if i added a 2" drop spring would that lower my truck another 2 inches?

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i have the same prob its actually the tire hitting the plastic fender flare cuz only xtreme guys have this prob on a 2" spindle drop and i can see the rub marks on the side of the tire....tomorrow morning i'm gonna take off both flares and cut the insides out as much as i can...i've been triming them on the truck an that helped alot but not enough....so i'll post back and see if that solves the problem.....be glad those bumps on the front keep you from smashing the fender with the tire:)

p.s. you like those shocks? i got them on my x and its rides like a go kart or a lawn mower

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
oh if your thinking of getting new tires anytime soon get a lower profiled i heard that solves of prob all together...or so i've heard.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CynicX,
It's all making sence now. I shaved back the fender once before and that helped. But i still thought that it was the tire hitting the wheelwell. (I guess i've got some more shaving to do!)

As for the Nirto shocks, they're not bad. I have a buddy that dropped his X with spindles and blocks and stock springs and shocks and he is having a rough time. I expected to have a tight ride, the shocks are just doing their job.

As for tires... The reason why i'm asking is because i have rims and tires (18" 245/40) on order, and i don't want to start skining rubber on every bump or turn.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i'm planning on getting 245/45/17's when you get your rims in tell me how it works out....and i'm probably gonna cut the back bumpstop off and put stock shocks on the rear for comfort....i think it will be alot better then...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts