S-10 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I will give that a try. Cheaper then buying new ones. And if it doesn’t work they were cheap ones so no real loss there. The weird this is though the passenger side tie rod rubbed a lot more then the driver tie rod. The driver side just bearly touched the weight. Not the rim. The passenger side is the one that touched the rim. Just weird. I’ll try Clearanceing them out and see if that works. It’s worth a shot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are they stock wheels? You shouldn't hit your tie rod with stock wheels and drop spindles.
So I just got done putting the Belltech 2/3 drop in my 1998 ex cab 4.3 rwd s-10. I put the front wheels on and the back side of the rim was rubbing the tie tie. Easy fix I put a 5/16 spacer in. Put the wheel back on and I’m golden. Except for the lug nuts only have about half the stud in the. I do t like that one bit. I think is unsafe so, I’m looking for some longer studs. Does anyone know where to pick up some longer ones at and maybe even a part number. Thanks in advance.
Those look like ZQ8 wheels, I put Camaro ZQ8 wheels on my 91 and there is front and rear rims with different backspacing so check it out.
15875989724847060223114479915494.jpg

·
Been there Done it
8,420 Posts
There have been a number of posts on here mentioning this same problem with dropped spindles in the past.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well learned something new. Thanks for the info. I’m pretty sure there s10 wheels but I will check the back spacing when I get a chance. I’ll let you guys know what I find out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They are stock ss wheels on an ls model. On the original spindles they did not hit the tie rod. But when I got the drop spindles on they did. So I got the spacers put in and now there’s plenty of room just need longe
I also just did a spindle drop with a ZQ8 suspension drop..Same issue turned out to be inner wheel weight.they were hitting the tie rod ..removed and had rebalanced with stick on weight end of problem...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I wish it was that easy for me. The tie rod goes into the back of the rim lip. But I have it solved for now. Put a 5/16 wheel spacers in till I get time to do it right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I know. It’s just temp. I’m gonna get longer studs for it. I like how to pushed the wheel out almost flus with the fender. I’m not driving it hardly at all due to the stud on it now.

40,295 Posts
Usually you want at least as much thread engagement as the diameter of the stud. I think it'd be about 8 turns give or take on a 12x1.5 stud. Don't quote me on that, I'm no mathlete.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts