S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got done putting the Belltech 2/3 drop in my 1998 ex cab 4.3 rwd s-10. I put the front wheels on and the back side of the rim was rubbing the tie tie. Easy fix I put a 5/16 spacer in. Put the wheel back on and I’m golden. Except for the lug nuts only have about half the stud in the. I do t like that one bit. I think is unsafe so, I’m looking for some longer studs. Does anyone know where to pick up some longer ones at and maybe even a part number. Thanks in advance.

·
time to get cereal
3,210 Posts
Are they stock wheels? You shouldn't hit your tie rod with stock wheels and drop spindles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are stock ss wheels on an ls model. On the original spindles they did not hit the tie rod. But when I got the drop spindles on they did. So I got the spacers put in and now there’s plenty of room just need longer studs.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,289 Posts
Somethings wrong then. I'm lowered with spindles on top of a ZQ8 drop...no problems.

Just for fun, and to verify...got a pic of the wheels?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found them in the u pull it near me. The were in the s10 area but not on a vehicle. I did some research and as far as I can tell the came on the s10 SS. There are center caps for them but I like the look of them without them. I’m powder coating the rims black with lime green in the recesses and center with the hub center painted black.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The center caps were not bow tied they are gmc and they are red. The reason I think they are from a S10 SS is because that’s the only thing I could find on these. So the center caps might be the wrong ones you never know what’s what at a u pull it. If you guys have any ideas please let me know.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,289 Posts
Those wheels came on every ZQ8 equipped truck S10 or GMC from 96 until the 2nd gen ZQ8 wheels were introduced. If they were from an SS, the bow tie would be red

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so there off a gmc Sonoma then. I think there very nice looking. Is that the reason why they didn’t fit after the drop spindles were put on?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,289 Posts
Nope...the wheels are the same. Some aftermarket tie rod ends are big and bulky...maybe that's the problem.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And that’s most luckily me issue since I just recently replace the tie rods. I’m kicking myself for not going with moog tie rods though. But the whole front needed replaced and it was cheaper. But cheaper is not always better.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,289 Posts
For all of the grief involved with the studs...I'd get new tie rod ends. Moog or AC/Delco.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It was just hitting the lip. When rotating the tire by hand there was a griniding noise. And the when the weights came around it stoped the wheel altogether.

40,295 Posts
I would have them re-balanced with stick on weights and just clearance the tie rods a bit if they're brand new and all. Or at least give it a shot before you mess around with spacers, studs and all that jazz.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts