S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 S10 lowered with bags in front and 4" angles blocks & air shocks in the back. It is a 2.2 with a Borg-Warner T-5 Tranny and Im not sure about the rearend. Why does it wheel hop soooooo bad? I know that if I get a 4-link or ladder bars etc. It will stop, but it has done this ever since factory. I can only spin in the friggin rain. Otherwise I about break my neck when it starts hopping, does anyone have any suggestions.

Dc :bash:

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
traction bars

i dont know why yours hops so bad

·
Registered
5 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
traction bars

i dont know why yours hops so bad
Those 4" blocks are the main culprit of your wheel hop problems. The added leverage on the springs causes spring wrap and when the springs load and unload it causes wheelhop. I know that traction bars will help(I had them for a while), but you cant use them in conjunction with 4" blocks. There isnt enough room physically under the spring to mount them without having them scrape on every road irregularity. Oh, BTW, these are the lakewood universal ones that I am talking about. You may be able to use the Caltracs with 4" blocks- I dont have any experience with them. The easiest way to not have wheel hop is not to spin your tires. Also, stiffer shocks will help. Try putting more air in your shocks. My 95 used to wheelhop badly with 3" blocks and 2 leaves pulled. To solve it I used the air ride technologies mini truck helper bag kit and replaced the factory shocks. No wheelhop now. My .02

1 - 4 of 4 Posts