S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of wheel adapters for my new set of wheels. I want good ones so I don't need to worry about them breaking. Could anybody tell me where to get a good set? Also, could anybody tell me the bolt pattern for a 2000 VW Jetta? The S10 is 5x4.75, right? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
talk to matt at gauge magazine he can hook u up

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot, man. I just called them and they have a set of four for $189.00 with lug nuts and free shipping. Thanks again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey what is that # for those adapters
i have rims from a 01 jetta wating to put on 03 dime

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He never gave me a part number. They cost me $189.00 for 4, 1.3 inch adapters and the lugs. I should have them in a week or so, and if there is a part number on them, I will be sure to let you know what it is. But, if you just call him up, he will be able to get you what you need.

·
Registered
88 Posts
sorry man, i meant the phone number
also, how is the offset gonna turn out with fwd wheels on a rwd truck

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, my fault. The number is 317-856-1810. I'm not sure how they are going to work out, but I think they will be alright. Matt, from Gauge Magazine told me to use a 1.3 inch adapter, so I'm guessing I should be all set. I don't know for sure though, man.

·
Rollin on Black 18s
529 Posts
If you already have the wheels then do this...

Measure the backspacing on it... measure to the lip on the inner edge of the wheel... (you could get some stiff cardboard or something and cut it so that it sits down on the inner lip of that wheel) measure from that to the flat part that the lug holes are in... I am guessing it will be 5-6" depending on the width of the wheel

Once you have your measurement go to the wheel/tire fitment guide at the top of this forum, go to the section for the drop you have, or will have, and see what backspacing is for your wheel size.... then you need an adapter to make up the difference in size, and probably a lug pattern change too...

EX. You may have 17x7 with 5.5" of backspacing... if you need 4" of BS with that wheel size then you need a 1.5" thick adapter.

I hope that helps, I can probably explain it better on AIM or someone else on here may be able to explain it a lot better for you.

Drew

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
FWD offset rims on a RWD work no problem with the spacer. I had FWD Eagle 077's on mine and they worked great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts