S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where online can i find a decent set of wheel adapters? im looking for 2.5 for vette rims or at least i think thats the size needed. how much do they usually run and what all do i need to get them to work?

·
Catdoctor
64 Posts
tippmannc05 said:
where online can i find a decent set of wheel adapters? im looking for 2.5 for vette rims or at least i think thats the size needed. how much do they usually run and what all do i need to get them to work?
I don't know a web site, but in my search for my spacers(I called alot of places!) Custom Engineering Inc. in Memphis, TN.(901-363-9430) was the best price, less than $200 bucks + shipping.

·
chief one
80 Posts
I got moine from a place called stanford industries, if you are putting vette wheels on are you doing 18's all the way around or 17 in front 18 in back? If 18's all the way arount 2.5" is what you need if your doing 17's in front you will not need 2.5" you will need to measure the backspacing to determine the correct size. If you have questions e-mail me

·
chief one
80 Posts
If your going with 18"s then 2.5 inch for front and rear. In the front you will have a little rubbing but only when you are making a hard U turn. 2.5 adapters will be just right if you want it to look right. If you try to push the wheel out any further then you will have a problem with the inside lip of the wheel well. I had to take a grinder to the inside of mine but did not have to take off much at all. If you find the pic of my truck on here you can see the wheels sit perfect and tuck the wheel well nicely. And the rims look sick too.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt know that these things would be so expensive. i was gonna go for vette wheels cause they have the looks at a good price but once you add in those adapters it almost comes out to a custom wheel price.

·
Registered
500 Posts
adapters aren't safe and they are pretty damn scary when they break off while rollin down I-95 while doing 70, trust me

·
chief one
80 Posts
Yeah adapters are known to break apart under hard driving, i got mine for like 500 bucks and were made for hard driving since I autocross my truck a least once a month. I have had no problems. I have seen some of the cheap 39 dollar ones you find in the back of trucken sheer off lug bolts, it is not a pretty site. So if you do get adapters get good ones.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The 4 i have are made outta the same stuff. So they should hold up for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts