S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna see who has the loudest system on this forum. Also please list what amp(s) and sub(s) you are using. Highest certified SPL, be honest.

My ext ZQ8 noma hits 150.3 legal off the dash. System contains 1 Kicker L7 15 in a 6.0 cu ft ported box powered by 2 Planet Audio VectorD 1200 watt amps.

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
Really nice #'s if you ask me. Is it reg. or extended cab? I have an extended cab with 3 JL W3's in a sealed bax with a 1400 watt Cadence and I only hit 142dBL official. I have done some new things and need to retry it but that's a big difference. Congrats!:uhoh:

S

·
0 Posts
I hope its an X-Cab! Lol...would be a HUGE box in a r/c unless he had a cut out. :)

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i have an ext cab. The box is huge! 6.0 cu ft It is ported to 43 hz. The port is 50 square inches and 13 inches deep. Port those JL's and you will see at least 6db's in gain! But the box has to be at least 1.75 cuft each woofer.

S

·
0 Posts
Thats cool. I try to tell people ported is better, but they dont believe me. And 6 cubes is huge. Keep up the good work! :cool:

·
Scrapin and Blayzin
3 Posts
I've hit 147.3 legal on dash with stroker 15 and soundstream ref 500sx amp.

·
Ranger Member
41 Posts
Our shop truck does a certified 165.4

Thats 3 Concept Audio CSP 15`s and 12 Concept 2400D`s

Highest number this year is a 166.9 and we`re going to Finals :D

Here`s the page on the truck:
http://www.termpro.com/asp/competitorstats.asp?Competitor_ID=10346

Nopi show hasn`t been posted yet,but we`ve moved up to ninth in the worl in our class

·
Sheet Metal Master
159 Posts
Hey dB machine, have you blown the coil on that L7 yet? Those things are only supposed to take like 1000 watts. What gives, or are they really that good, or are your amps really overated?

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The subs can take that much power. As long as you dont pump distortion through your subs they will play fine. As soon as distortion enters the coils things start to heat up. The extreme amount of heat melts the coils and blows the subs. But as long as the current is clean power the sub will have no trouble at all handleing the power. But i never play the sub at full power for longer than a minute anyways,just too loud and insane. At competitions it only gets burped for 3 seconds maybe 5 times. Use your head keep it clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm owned 2 JBL GTI 15" and for now i've build sealed enclosure but i only hit about 145-150 db ,, planning on ported box but where did you aligned the ported ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts