S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys like better......pre-'01 ZQ8, '01/'02 ZQ8, or X wheels. i like the '01 ZQ8 wheels......but it would be nice if an aftermarket company made em polished and in sizes bigger than 16".......they would look bad ass as 18s. :headbang:

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
If I were to save up the dough for nice rims I'd probably save enough to get a set of 18" '01ZQ8's made with different center caps. :)

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
I think both of those wheels would be sick if they were 18's! I dont see why chevy wouldn't make the X or zq8's come with bigger wheels! We should get a petition going to and tell chevy to makes them bigger.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they never will be bigger because the ZQ8 is no more after '02.......the new S truck is coming out......and its powered by a Japanese 5 iron (5 cylinder) :uhoh:.....and its mid-size too....like the dakota.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there is a company that makes aftermarket IROC wheels in sizes from 15"-20".........i gotta dig through my library, but when i find it ill put up the mailing/e-mail address so we can flood 'em with mail and see how they respond

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey GMC01, your saying that next year the S10 will have a 5 cyl engine in it? I did hear that Izusu is taking over production again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i like the newer ones caus they look smoother, but the older ones are simpler :]

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i like both styles, and the s10 is soposed to be offered still for a year or two, just like the s10 blazer and the trail blazer, they offer both then phase out the s10

·
Registered
203 Posts
I may be partial here, but I do like the '01 wheels better, seeings how I have em. What I would really like is a flush center cap or something smoother looking that the stock center cap. SO.........if anyone knows where to find em.........Let me know

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
you guys don't understand, it is all about customizing and making your ride stand out.:rant:
The other day some guy though I was someone else, nobody in my area has a truck like mine, I had go and add a custom roll pan so it wouldn't be mistaken for anyone elses truck again.

MAKE YOUR TRUCK LOOK DIFFERENT:woah:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
of course we want to make our trucks look different grant.....but why make your truck look disco??? but its all about personal preference......i like my truck to look the way the factory shouldve made it......someday my sonoma will have an s-body envoy front bumper, a 1/2 drop, and xtreme side skirts.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grant said:
you guys don't understand, it is all about customizing and making your ride stand out.:rant:
The other day some guy though I was someone else, nobody in my area has a truck like mine, I had go and add a custom roll pan so it wouldn't be mistaken for anyone elses truck again.

MAKE YOUR TRUCK LOOK DIFFERENT:woah:
i dont blame you for that one grant......nobody in my area has my taillights or exhaust.....so im safe for now :)

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
GMC01sonoma said:
of course we want to make our trucks look different grant.....but why make your truck look disco??? but its all about personal preference......i like my truck to look the way the factory shouldve made it......someday my sonoma will have an s-body envoy front bumper, a 1/2 drop, and xtreme side skirts.
disco, I don't know what you are talking about.
my point is that if the factory starts making custom trucks the REAL custom trucks won't stand out as much. A perfect example of this is the new dodge with 20" wheels. now you will have people who don't even care about cars with huge wheels!
That is the one thing I don't like about the extremes, you get people that don't know anything about cars rolling around in a nice truck and they don't apreciate it as much.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
been there seen that :headbang:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Grant said:

disco, I don't know what you are talking about.
my point is that if the factory starts making custom trucks the REAL custom trucks won't stand out as much. A perfect example of this is the new dodge with 20" wheels. now you will have people who don't even care about cars with huge wheels!
That is the one thing I don't like about the extremes, you get people that don't know anything about cars rolling around in a nice truck and they don't apreciate it as much.
by disco i mean silly looking, but i hear you about how the factory tries to build custom trucks.....the new Lightnings having euro tails, rams on 20s......thats a bit too far if you ask me.....but the thing that pissed me off the most......if chevy can make a truck look bad ass like the extreme.....why cant they put a motor in to match the looks.....hell.....turbo AWD in a 262 powered X would be the ****. GMC should put X groundfx and turbo AWD the sonoma......same with the s-10......sister sport trucks.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts