S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 ZQ8 4.3l came in and I'm curious as which intake is better...K&N, Airaid, etc...

I already have my exhaust figured out....Flow 40 w/ turndown! :evilg:

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 2002 ZQ8............ !

00 Blk-Xtreme said:
You got a 2002 ZQ8............! What Color..... cab bed.....Etc.......! :cool: :cool:
Dark Forest Green, Regular Cab, Auto, fleetside, 60/40 split bench(thats a plus, I thought I was getting the plain ole bench) CD (don't need it, have a high dollar Pioneer from the old truck) Tilt/Cruise (didn't have these before :D ),

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
id go with K&N Gen II

·
Snowboardin' Member
155 Posts
Ya Rod, go with the K&N... for god sakes, all the AirRaid consists of is a cone with a short tube :eek:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
will a poweraid throttle body spacer work with a K&N genII intake?
It will all bolt together quite nicely, but you wont be able to close the stock hood. Im hoping that an SS style hood will do the trick. If not Im going to go with a cowl.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
does it raise the air intake that much? I hadn't even thought about clearance problems
It really does. I didn't think about it either until I had it all together and tried to close the hood. I can get the safety latch closed, but there is no way that it will close all the way. I even tried removing the insulation on the inside of the hood, but its still a no go. The only problem is that when I installed the spacer I lost one of the stock bolts, so I had no choice but to leave it on. I left the top half of the stock induction on, and the lower half of the K&N and it fits fine. It will hold me over until I get a hood anyway. Also, I couldnt get my Granatelli MAF to fit the stock induction, so I had to put the stock one back on. Kind of a bummer but it should be straightened out soon.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
go with a volant and a throttle body spacer, about the same power increase as k&n and the stock hood still closes with the spacer.

·
538 Posts
ok this may look a little goofy, bvut it will allow you to close your hood. put some washers in betweeen the hinges and the hood, may give you enough clearance to squeak by

·
Snowboardin' Member
155 Posts
y2kblkxtreme said:
go with a volant and a throttle body spacer, about the same power increase as k&n and the stock hood still closes with the spacer.
Or get a K&N w/ spacer and new hood. :D

·
538 Posts
or cut a hole in your hood

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I have to agree with Tarheel42k. I have looked at the volant, and although it is a cone filter, its still in an airbox which means restricted flow. Its gonna cost a little extra in the long run but you will get better performance AND better looks out of the K&N.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
i have a gen 2 in my 99 v6, i could tell a hell of difference and ithink the k&n is the best because it replaces the whole intake manifold unlike others, and my hood closes easy so Xtreme21

·
538 Posts
Xtreme21 said:
i have a gen 2 in my 99 v6, i could tell a hell of difference and ithink the k&n is the best because it replaces the whole intake manifold unlike others, and my hood closes easy so Xtreme21
since when?

intake manifold
]
]
]
V

1 - 20 of 26 Posts