S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a header...and Al Header are impossible to find. And Pacestter has some what bad rep for the exhaust ports not lineing up. right? Well were or what should i do for a header?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
kamikazi(sp?) is the only other one I know of I hear they are ok if you get the ceramic coated one but still not as good as a al's try pm'img gutlesswonder about a al's header he is the one who set up the group buys and last I heard he still had a couple ocould be wrong thou

·
ol' bodybuilder
647 Posts
dropped94 said:
kamikazi(sp?) is the only other one I know of I hear they are ok if you get the ceramic coated one but still not as good as a al's try pm'img gutlesswonder about a al's header he is the one who set up the group buys and last I heard he still had a couple ocould be wrong thou
I just bought a nickel plated Kamikaze header. It comes with a 2.25 inch solid downpipe and I'm getting a SS flex joint to weld into it.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
if your dropped watch out I hear the kamikazi dp hangs really really low

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Yeah I heard that too, he'll probably be able to fix by cutting off the flange, turning it, and rewelding it.

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
or just section it

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
I dont know if it will or not since all my exhaust is custom I cant really remember what stock looks like :haha:

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
not really from all the reviews I have read they leak like crazy and rust out really quick

·
ol' bodybuilder
647 Posts
dropped94 said:
not really from all the reviews I have read they leak like crazy and rust out really quick
Do you think it's the "black" that rust and not the ceramic coated ones? I'm sure the material is not much different - unless they're using really lightweight material (the Kamikaze is VERY heavy material).

I'd also assume that since they dont have a flex pipe (or ball joint) that it could put undo stress on the system and cause leaks?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
man I could not tell ya but every one I have heard of has had those 2 problems

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
It should have a flex pipe

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
94-97 doesn't have a flex pipe from what I know. My 95 sure doesn't and I have the factory dp with cat welded on the end. I'm really suprized that it hasn't rusted out along that big bend yet.

·
Brett
119 Posts
i put my stock dp on my pacesetter and it ovaled the bottom of the headers. and its rusted really bad. i had to get a new one and it came with the dp.

·
ol' bodybuilder
647 Posts
aperry62 said:
94-97 doesn't have a flex pipe from what I know. My 95 sure doesn't and I have the factory dp with cat welded on the end. I'm really suprized that it hasn't rusted out along that big bend yet.
The stock DP is a mild-grade stainless.

I have a '97 and it has a flex pipe. The cat is bolted on each end - a large 3-bolt flange. I know 'cause I just changed the cat. Sounds like someone has replaced the flex, DP and Cat on yours. I've heard of people taking off the flex before and all of these modified components may have happened at the same time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
NevurMind85 said:
will the kamakazi bolt up to the stock dp?
No it wont bolt up to the stock downpipe. The header is bigger then the stock manfold. Be careful of the hydro clutch line and other wires such as the oxygen wire. Tie them back to make sure that they dont touch the header and melt.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
developed said:
The stock DP is a mild-grade stainless.

I have a '97 and it has a flex pipe. The cat is bolted on each end - a large 3-bolt flange. I know 'cause I just changed the cat. Sounds like someone has replaced the flex, DP and Cat on yours. I've heard of people taking off the flex before and all of these modified components may have happened at the same time.
I really doubt that is the case because everything looks like one piece and it has a 2 bolt flange on the exit of the cat. Plus the people that had it before me wouldn't have put that kind of money into it. Heck when I bought the truck I didn't get the owners manual/jack/spare tire/ and they had cut the spare tire wench cable. I guess it's easier than reeling it back up? Maybe I was wrong on the years, I just assumed that those years would be pretty much the same. But then again the 94 & 95 years were still kinda experimental from what I've heard abotu trans and things like that. But I will admit that I don't have a great deal of knowledge on anything but the 95s

1 - 20 of 39 Posts