S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I just decided that I want a system in my 94' s-10 ss. I have about $350 to spend on subs and an amp. Keep in mind that I know a dealer that sells me this stuff for wholesale cost. What would be the best subs to get in this range? I would get comvr's but then a good amp would be hard to find for whatever money i have left. I was thinking type s's as they're only 200w each but I really want something that pounds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
876 Posts
type s subs are a good choice. i run the type r's, but my girlfriend has the type s and it does a damn good job. i also sell alpine subs at my buddys store and we have only had 2 or 3 subs blown in the last yr and half. and we have probably sold over 150 subs. you should be able to buy a pair of those and the m350 amp and you should have enough left over for materials to build your own box.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
It would be rather tight on money since you are have a $350 budget. If you are going Alpine subs then thats most of your cost right there. You have an option to save a little money... EBAY

·
Registered
876 Posts
bigpuss said:
Keep in mind that I know a dealer that sells me this stuff for wholesale cost.
he will have plenty of money to get the alpine stuff

·
under construction
347 Posts
Best bang for your buck is probably gunna be Memphis Power Referance 12's. if you have the money, the M-class are incredible!
like said above, ebay it! hook these up with a 500 D, and you should be good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Like I said, I can get things a lil cheaper than ebay - shipping cost. I got my friend some 12L5's for 130 a piece from this guy. Not to mention, I can get a Phoenix Gold 800.1 Octance amp for only 250.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i bought a set of power-base's, they are only fifty bucks a sub dual voice coil and 250 watts rms, a lot of bang for your buck. some of the best sounding subs i ever owned. i had two in my truck with a jl 250/1 and it slammed for what i had in it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, my local Tweeter had a sale on Alpine Type E's. They were $170 for the pair brand new with a nice waranty. Before I heard em I would never have thought that they were any good. At Tweeter they were very clean and didnt sound like shit a little over the rms. Overall, this sub will sound nice as well as fit my budget amp-wise. Next is for a box. Anyone have some dimensions?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
check the Alpine website, they should have TS parameters and box sizes there for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts