S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone clue me in as to what my Russian made SKS is valued at, approxiamtely? All matching numbers, russian made.
Condition is really nice, good rifleing in the bore and clean. No scratches or rust.
Please advise.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
they go at gun shows for about $200 - $300 all day. I can't say that's what yours is worth....just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! Yugos should go for more I thought. I've had this for about 13 years and decided to shoot it off on the 4th a couple of weeks ago. It was fun, but I've no reason to keep it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would definately make it look "badass". Carbon fiber? Is that banana clip legal? And what's the deal with my bayonette? Do i need to remove it to keep it "legal"?

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Can anyone clue me in as to what my Russian made SKS is valued at, approxiamtely? All matching numbers, russian made.
Condition is really nice, good rifleing in the bore and clean. No scratches or rust.
Please advise.
Thanks.

No offense but you ain't gonna get much, regardless of numbers. You have any idea of how many Russian and Chinese SKS(s) and AK47(s) were made? Like 5 trillion, lol. Which, makes this one pictured just another rifle basically.

I remember when I had my SKS. I ended up putting on a composite dragonov stock and a scope which didn't make it any better cause the SKS is so poorly built the recoil spring's cover doesn't fit tightly which the scope bolted to.

This is just another SKS basically.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
It would definately make it look "badass". Carbon fiber? Is that banana clip legal? And what's the deal with my bayonette? Do i need to remove it to keep it "legal"?
Banana clip is Legal.

Bayonet is legal...........bayonet mounted.........illegal.

Hell, he can get a 100 round drum magazine for that thing and be legal.

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
About the only thing going for the SKS is:

Mass produced

Parts on the battlefield can more than likely be found.

Easy to break down

Medium range weapon

And, the 7.62 x 39 round packs a punch.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your feedback. I didnt think it would be worth all that much, but was clueless. I bought it for $110 about 12-13 years ago. I've no use for it really.. it is fun to shoot tho. What do you mean bayonet is leagal but baynet mounted is illegal? you mean I can have it on, but not folded out, extended and locked into position?

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Thanks for your feedback. I didnt think it would be worth all that much, but was clueless. I bought it for $110 about 12-13 years ago. I've no use for it really.. it is fun to shoot tho. What do you mean bayonet is leagal but baynet mounted is illegal? you mean I can have it on, but not folded out, extended and locked into position?
Ahhhh, no. You can have a bayonet, as long as the knife is in one hand and the rifle in the other. Mounting the bayonet is illegal. Actually, now that I re-read it, the banana clip is illegal too. Categorized as curved style clips. Technically, you're only allowed 10 rounds at a time.

Back to the bayonet issue. You're not allowed to have bayonet lugs. If the weapon is pre-ban (which it is) you can have lugs but no bayonet attached.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/817036/posts

The ban was never signed in again into law during Bush's presidency so far. So, the ban expired. However, the funny part is is that many of the rules still apply regardless. Hense why many weapons are still sold as pre-and post-ban weapons. However, get ready.........you have another ban about to happen to renew the expiring original ban of 1994. Slightly lessor restrictions but I doubt you'll get your bayonet rights back. They deem that part of the weapon for soldiers and military use only.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_Weapons_Ban

Sorry fella.............take it off..........the Russians aren't coming, don't need it.

If you have to get in close enough with a rifle now a days to use a bayonet, then you shouldn't be holding a rifle then, drop it and pick up a pistol, lol

Sorry.

Do some searching though. There is a shit ton of info on the ban.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts