S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinda mods would i have to do to my 4.3l truck to beat or stay up with a stang gt. Every kid wiht one thinks he is a bad ass. I dont think i wanna go for the bottle or turbo yet.

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
75 shot nitrous, should do nicely... just simple bolt-ons won't cut it.. Unless you extensively... Full exhuast, chip, intake, ignition, pulleys, beefer tires, traction control ( if you have a problem with that) like traction bars etc.. Lower it to reduce wind drag, um.. i think about it..

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
What? I have the ext cab 4.3L and I was toasting mustang GT's from day one. The newer ones anyway. I havent raced a 5.0. The only newer Stang that has beaten me was at the track and he was spraying.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
What? I have the ext cab 4.3L and I was toasting mustang GT's from day one. The newer ones anyway. I havent raced a 5.0.

same here:thumbup:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
96blazer said:
I takes a really good driver:D

My favorite pic:thumbup:
(till I get another one:D )
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:evilg: :thumbup: :evilg: :thumbup: :evilg:

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
4.3L/6cyls. = .716 L per Cyl.
5.0L/8cyls. = .635 L per Cyl.
4.6L/8cyls. = .575 L per Cyl.

hmmm.... whose got the most torque? :) Well... could have the most torque.. lol

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Hey what do you "GT killers" turn at the track?

·
32,797 Posts
Wicked X said:
Hey what do you "GT killers" turn at the track?
:dunno: I never go to the "track"
Too crowded, too much money, and most of all too many as$holes (I got a very short temper and as$holes + me = fist flying)

·
Sexable Stoner
10 Posts
Im not taking anything from the guys thats say they beat the Stangs but I find it hard to believe. I sold a 2000GT Mustang to get a 2002 Xtreme. I got the truck cause it looked nice and i can throw crap in the truck bed when i need it. But a 260HP mustang Vs. a 190 HP S-10. And I know the S-10's dont have 302ft. lbs of torque. GT:0-60 5.5secs. S-10(4.3)0-60 7.6 secs. My GT ran a 13.9 in the 1/4 stock. I know my s-10 will be lucky to hit 15's. I have 4 friends w/pimped out S-10's(another reason I bought my truck) and when we went out, I used to play with them. What do you guys have that makes you faster than the Stangs? I'm not FLAMING anyone..Dont take this personally.
Keith

·
Registered
39 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You guys talking about smoking GT's like its your job (while you are stock). Maybe 83 gt's or something.

When I went to the track I ran even with a 96 4.6 litre. and he had absolutely no mods at all.

I had a race with a 2002 GT stick the other weekend, and he beat me by a truck length.

I have alot of bolt on mods, and the only way I am going to beat a new mustang is by sprayin some N20 along with those mods.

Id love to see a stock X beat a stock 2002 GT, but it just won't happen unless the GT is in park. :drinkhaha

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
I also own a '96 4.3L Stang. I 've raced my friend who has a stock 02 s10 and Its not even close..I kick his a$$ all the time!

·
32,797 Posts
skaling said:

Are you sure thats not a 6 banger stang?? LOL
Nope, it was a 8.

You guys need to remember that track times are track times.
A street race or dog fight on the freeway is different, a lot of things determine the winner. Anything can happen on the street.

I would have found it hard to believe (I'm a V8 guy myself), but I have been driving my g/f's Blazer a lot lately and have raced and beat many cars that I thought it would lose to. I'm sure it'll get awful track times and I could care less, I'm not in modding out her Blazer (or any V6). But I can get it to hold its own on the street.

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
96blazer said:

You guys need to remember that track times are track times.
A street race or dog fight on the freeway is different, a lot of things determine the winner. Anything can happen on the street.
Sounds like a scene from Fast and Furious if you ask me?!?LOL

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
notice with that movie there r no REAL cars in it? oh yea thats right a Corvette or a Z28 would make those hondas look like a 4cycl stang racin a viper

·
32,797 Posts
Fast98SS350 said:
notice with that movie there r no REAL cars in it? oh yea thats right a Corvette or a Z28 would make those hondas look like a 4cycl stang racin a viper
What about the Charger, the Lightning, and the Chevelle.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts