S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been sold on converting my '85 S10 to a small block, it won't be right away because i don't have the time right now and i am going to save up to do it right. I know that a new oil pan with a rear sump is one thing i need and i'm sure i can get away with camaro exhaust manifolds. What else will have to be done for this to go smoothly? As to gas mileage, i understand that it's pretty good, even comparible to the 2.8 i currently have, is this what i should expect? i've heard of people actually making their own oil pan out of a 4.3 litre pan, how hard is this? How long would it take because I couldn't be without my only vehicle for more than a weekend?

It would be great if everyone would put in their two cents.

Thanx all

·
STRONG LIKE BULL
170 Posts
first thing befor u do anything is go buy the jtr book

it has everything in it
then youll do it right

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you bought this book, how much is it? I have been to the web site already. Is it only availble through the JTR website?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guess i didn't look close enough at the JTR site. i fould everything i just asked. Would it be much harder to swap in the TPI camaro engine though, i would very much like to take that route, anyone know where I can get the specs on the TPI engine???

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
mrt_s-10 said:
first thing befor u do anything is go buy the jtr book

it has everything in it
then youll do it right
the book? you don't need a book...you have the forum to answer any questions...I am sure that there pently of people here that could answer any question you would have. you can always look at www.advanceadapters.com they have lots of info on the swaps...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well yes, I'm sure that this forum would be able to aswnser most of my questions, but i like to research most of my projects before jumping in head first. Also it may take several days for someone to respond to a thread in which case it would take me considerably longer to complete. It's something like $50 (canadian eh) which would be well worth it if it has just helpful tips that make the job go faster or easier.
:evilg: :scary:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts