S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So A few guys have been sending me pm's and asking what I have been up to and what the progress on the truck has been... Well The truck is running great and I am very happy with it... Recently did some 1/8 Mile Nitrous testing with a best of [email protected] with a 1.56 sixty foot in the 1/8 mile.

But here is where the majority of my focus has been the last little while... The car belongs to a very good friend of mine... We picked it up as a rolling chassis in January....
1989 Notchback Mustang.

manual brakes
manual steering
weld in subframe connectors
drive shaft loop
stock as a roller

What we have done or are doing:

6 Point roll bar with swing out/removable door bars
Rear seat delete
Racing seats
Full auto meter gauge cluster with a full set of ultralites including 160mph speedo
weld draglite 15x3.5 front with 165R skinnies
weld draglite 15x10 Rear with 275/60R15 M/T drag radials
Lakewood 50/50 rear shocks
Lakewood 90/10 front struts
tubular rear control arms
dropped lower control arm brackets
welded/ Reinforced torque boxes
16 gallon aluminum fuel cell with gauge
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
Aeromotive A1000 Boost reference Fuel regulator
1/2 Line
built 8.8(welded axle tubes,31 spline strange spool,31 spline moser axles C clip elims, girdle cover)
Built th400 full manual reverse pattern valve body, Deep +3qt aluminum pan
TCI 10" 3500-3800 converter
single layer pin on fiberglass 4" cowl hood
UPR tubular K member and control arms
coilover suspension

The Engine

2004 gm 5.3L truck motor
comp 212/218 and .522/.529 lift on 114 LSA
Arp cam retainer bolts
Arp rod bolts
ls1 Corvette intake
Ported Throttle body
60lb injectors
comp 918 beehive valve springs
comp titanium valve spring retainers
comp 7.4" hardened pushrods
stock ecm tuned by (Black X) via HP-tuners
Custom turbo kit built by me
Turbonetics Tc76mps Water cooled ball bearing turbo
38mm wastegate
cheap blow off valve
3.5" downpipe into a 3.5" exhaust to a dynomax

2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

We are hoping to go low 10's with the car and make somewhere in the 600RWHP range on power... the car will be close to 3000lbs all said and done.

Its been a long road on this project Jared at Current Perfomance supplied one of his fuse boxes and we modified the harness ourselfs. (makes one appreciate his work even more) and he has been a big help with the project. THANKS JARED!

The car will be street driven and If i can get the tune right make somewhere close to 30MPG... I am flying to california in August to take an EFI tuning Seminar which will further help this project and my truck.

Hope you guys like it please give me some feedback... and STAY TUNED! because this thing will be rolling soon!!!!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
This would be my heap , its come along way and will still go a long way further ...black x has been a huge help on this project and will be one of the only lunatics i allow to shoe it other then myself

Any particular reason why you went with a 5.3L truck engine? I know they love boost and are cheap, but I thought 5.0/4.6 mod engines had great potential and also loved boost?

Wait.. is this Black Xs old 5.3? Because then it would make sense. :p

·
X1 Xtreme
386 Posts
damn bro...was wondering what happened to u...hadn't been one in a while...mustang looks clean...good to see that the heart is going to be GM...hehe...keep us posted and keep it clean...laterz.

·
Registered
243 Posts
well i believe Black sold his old 5.3 to someone on the forums...and that would explain why its taking jared so long to make my harness...hes working on a ford!! J/K. it would be sweet to see the looks on mustang lovers faces when they find out whats under the hood...im guessing :rant: ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
wait a minute...are those truck accessories with the corvette intake??? i didnt think the intake would fit with them if it was...

2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wait a minute...are those truck accessories with the corvette intake??? i didnt think the intake would fit with them if it was...
Muahahahahahah :cool:

We built the harness We jkust used a fuse center from Jared along with some connectors and a little bit of his brain power.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
"Built Ford Tough....With Chevy Stuff!!"

Truck accessories can use a car inake manifold. You just have to move the idler out of the way and do some small stuff to the water pimp outlet.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=359987
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=357424&highlight=speartech+bracket

·
Registered
481 Posts
Have you seen the videos of that old ford fairlane or what ever the hell it is with the 5.3 turbo in it off ls1tech? That thing is pretty crazy. This is one hell of a project you got here. Im currently working on a turbo project in my 68, I can't wait to get it done. Im using the 6.0 bock .030 over with 8.5:1 pistons. It should yield a simliar result, Im quite a bit heaviar, but running a little bigger cam. Im also converting back from carb to FI though. Im also converting to a T56.

·
Registered
809 Posts
nice ride, one suggestion....ur hopin to run low 10's...

..loose the 4 bolt rear axles!!!!

1 - 20 of 154 Posts