S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early 90's hydro booster from an Asto van. You can buy them else where.. Research

What you will need to make it work

2- M16 x 1.5 saginaw fitting link>> Aeroquip AN to Metric Adapter Fittings: AER-FBM2608 - summitracing.com

2- M18 x 1.5 Saginaw fitting link >> Aeroquip AN to Metric Adapter Fittings: AER-FBM2609 - summitracing.com

4- 90* -6 femail to -6 45* fitting (you can use 45*'s if you want) link >>Aeroquip Reusable Hose Ends: FBM1122 - summitracing.com

6' of braided line link >>Aeroquip TFE Racing Hose: AER-FCC0606 - summitracing.com

for the t'd rubber line. I went to home depot and made a T fitting in there barb fitting section!

the rubber line fitting on the hydro boost.. mine had one.. not sure yet to get one of those

if you want the whole kit.. or any parts or questions.. check here.. great site

Hydratech Braking Systems :: Products ::* Hydratech Braking Systems - manufacturers of high performance hydraulic brake assist systems!* HydratechBraking.com / Hydroboost.com

I didn't say how to put it in.. and adapt it to the brake pedal if nessesary..

post questions or comments

·
body droppin'
1,546 Posts
so much cheaper buying it seperate then buying it as a kit from hydroboost.com

·
lets get hammered
2,252 Posts
will a hydroaboost off a full size work van like the cube vans work ... they r one ton just curious i can get them all day long at work ... i just dont want to have to dive in the scrap bine if it wont(200 vans run fine got new ones so they scraping the old ones)

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
see. This stuff I ain't sure on. I woudln't see why not!. its all just making it easier braking... I don't see what the difference really between a fullsize one and a van one is. I looked at my dad's on his truck and it looks the same.

I just went with a astro van cuz I know they work fine. I didn't want to chance it

It is like 500 or so for the kit from hydroboost.com.... there kit is great.. comes with great instructions and everything you would need.. but for the ppl that don't wana spend the money and have access to a junkyard with these.. its great

sorry for the crap quailty of the thread.. i made a nice one and my computer locked up.. so i just put this up in a hurry.. it gets the point

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
with hydro booster off other vehicles just make sure that the mounting plate is perpendicular to the booster itself. I know a lot of the dually full size chevys will work. The newer chevy vans will have a werid mounting bracket that is on like a 45 degree angle from the booster and it wouldn't mount to an s10 firewall properly. My friend got one to work but its not the prettiest thing in the word.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I used a 2002 silverado booster. I had to create my own mounting plate to fit the S10 bolt pattern but the pedal mount was identical to the S10.

·
lets get hammered
2,252 Posts
the mounting isnt a prob i found one that they just cut the firewall and all off of.... but it does mount perpendicular to it and i belive they are the same .... talked to the parts guy in the shop he said they were and gave me a brand new one in the box....score...

·
TUCKIN
1,098 Posts
bringing this back from the dead
cool
and svits yourpics helped me no i get it
i was lost til i saw your pics for some reason

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I really don't think the year matters that much. Mines off 2002 and it looks almost identical to some of the older astro van models. The mounting plates is different and the rods ends may be different but everything else looked to be the same.

·
TUCKIN
1,098 Posts
well the reason i asked is because a couple different years i looked at have different pedal mounts some look like the s-10 and some dont so i figured if i get the one that looks like the s10then i wont have to worry about cutting up a new hydroboost and trying to make it work when i could get one that just slips in place with minor stuff thats all

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
well the reason i asked is because a couple different years i looked at have different pedal mounts some look like the s-10 and some dont so i figured if i get the one that looks like the s10then i wont have to worry about cutting up a new hydroboost and trying to make it work when i could get one that just slips in place with minor stuff thats all

That is correct. The one I used required zero modification to the acuator rod. I just had to create a new mounting plate which is really easy to do.

·
TUCKIN
1,098 Posts
alrighty then well what is the over all width and height of your plate that mounts to the firewall the one that the actual hydroboost is mounted to if you dont mind me asking
thanks

·
TUCKIN
1,098 Posts
and you say you made that bracket?
and how did you take off the other one?
is it bolted right there in the middle with a big nut around the pedal output?

thanks

·
TUCKIN
1,098 Posts
im sorry for so many ?'s but didnt you have to move yours over away from the tire also
if so good cause that is what i have to do

thanks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts