S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I have a 2005 blazer 5 speed, it was a base model when I got it but I've been upgrading it consistently. One of the upgrades I've done was tilt steering. Now my colom plastics diddnt have the slot for tilting the colom. All I ever find is the plastics from a colom shift. I don't want the hole for the shifter. I've noticed sometimes the blazers have console shifters, that's the colom I need. What years were these available? I'm having a hard time finding any at local scrap yards. Everything is colom shift! Also looking for a new shift boot for my 5 speed, cant find any.

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
232 Posts
Try looking for a Bravada, They were floor shift. Maybe even higher trim level Jimmy’s. Anything post facelift should be the same, so after ‘98.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Canada, in the capital, I've seen ONE bravada in my years on the road, it wasn't comon here. It most certainly isn't in any of our "retirement" yards

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Just keep looking in 98 and newer trucks and SUVs. The trucks with a manual transmissions will also have the right column cover, but more likely to be non tilt.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
547 Posts
My daughter has a 2004 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 2dr 4x4 that has the floor shifter. Some of the 2wd pickups also had the floor shifter but I don't know which ones for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts