S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 97 Vortec like the sig says, but I'm very limited with cam choices. I have the bigest cam in that I can use with stock injection. 480-488 lift. It is a roller, and I was thinking about just getting rid of the stock injection and using the vortec air-gap from edelbrock and a carb with a bigger cam. But then I dont get the mileage and ease of injection. But I NEED more power. :bash:

·
Can't Touch This
7 Posts
loweredd said:
I have the 97 Vortec like the sig says, but I'm very limited with cam choices. I have the bigest cam in that I can use with stock injection. 480-488 lift. It is a roller, and I was thinking about just getting rid of the stock injection and using the vortec air-gap from edelbrock and a carb with a bigger cam. But then I dont get the mileage and ease of injection. But I NEED more power. :bash:

N

O

S

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nobody has a direct fit system. I found a kit but it is for fbody cars and it might work. I dont want to rig it up though.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
does your injection have a dog leg like the 4.3's...what I am getting at is you could buy the nos kit w/ carb plate and then buy a $30 fogger nozzle and you could have a nos system for your EFI cheap. that way you could have a wet shot for around $380...just use the fogger instead of the carb plate and all you would have to do is put that nozzle in the top of you dog leg so that it sprays right down the injectors.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
if i get a 350, are they all the same or are there minor differences between the ones that come out of different cars, im ready to put some money into an old one because i have someone to rebuild it for me. im new to the V8 discussion so help me out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts