S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rustbucket Club
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well when I turn 18 in the fall, I plan on getting a newer vehicle, mainly because I could use a truck with everything that I haul around, and just because I'd like a bigger vehicle. Mileage doesn't scare me, I'll say I'm lucky to get 16-17 freeway with what I've got...

Anyway, I've thought about selling my Blazer, but I'm starting to think about keeping it. It's Salvage Title (although its straight, frame and all, dont know why it was titled), so it;d be sort of hard to sell. The drivers door is messed up, someone tried to break in by prying the key lock off and it's messed beyond fixing, and theres two small spots with body rot, no larger than a quarter each and not deep at all really. It has it's share of problems, but hey, what vehicle doesnt?
Anyway, these are the plans I've got so far, IF I keep it...

New Door and fix body rot, fresh coat of paint (white again)
Side Moldings (the ones that don't have the ribs in em) And yes, I think side moldings look good lol
Clear corner lights and blinkers
Either a 3" Body Lift w/ 31" A/T's, or a 4" Susp. lift w/ 33" M/T's...

I'm just confused about what I'd like to do. I think mines got potential, even for being a 2 door, although I like the 4 doors better. I was browsing the galleries, I really like this one
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

I like mine too, just a bit small, even for me being 5'3, lol

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

So yeah. Any opinions on what would look good would be great. I was at a local tire store Wednesday checking out some 30X9.5" A/T's and new wheels, and started thinking.....lol

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Well, are you going to do a lot more hauling? If you are, I'd get an older fullsize (I like the pre-'87 K20s, but you're probably looking for something newer). Is your Blazer paid off? If it is, why not just go ahead and get a beater truck, like a 2wd 1/2 ton with a 350, and use that to haul shit?

·
Rustbucket Club
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the older trucks, I'm just looking for something that's reliable and get a bit better mileage than my Blazer does. I'm looking at 01 Silverado Z-71's, or an 01 Yukon, something like that. The last resort if I can't find what I want, I'll look at Expeditions (I like those too). Mainly, I want something reliable. And with how picky I am about keeping my vehicle and all our vehicles clean, I wouldn't want an older pickup that's not in great shape.
The Blazer will still most likely be driven weekly, a few times a week most likely. I just figured it'd be cool to sort of bring it back to life and make it a halfway decent off roader at the same time

Time will tell...

·
back in the game again
1,599 Posts
LikeaRock said:
I like the older trucks, I'm just looking for something that's reliable and get a bit better mileage than my Blazer does. I'm looking at 01 Silverado Z-71's, or an 01 Yukon, something like that. The last resort if I can't find what I want, I'll look at Expeditions (I like those too). Mainly, I want something reliable. And with how picky I am about keeping my vehicle and all our vehicles clean, I wouldn't want an older pickup that's not in great shape.
The Blazer will still most likely be driven weekly, a few times a week most likely. I just figured it'd be cool to sort of bring it back to life and make it a halfway decent off roader at the same time

Time will tell...
If I were in your shoes I'd hold on to the Blazer, because like you said not many people want to buy a salvage titled vehicle, plus it's older so you wont get a ton for it anyways. Hang on to that bish and solid axle it if you want an offroader. As far as another vehicle, I'd say look for a 96-98 Silverado, cause being younger, insurance KILLS on newer vehicles, especially if you live near a metropolitan area. But whatever direction you decide to go with a new daily, I'd say go with a 2wd since you got 4 wheel on the Blaze, it'll save some on gas mileage.

·
Rustbucket Club
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, just get myself a nice 2WD Silverado or something, leave it stock suspension wise, just get some aftermarket wheels and tires, just things like that. The Blazer is basically new too, the engine has about 9,300 miles on it and we've had to replace virtually every component on the damn thing, so it's got a good 4+ years left before it's finally shot, or at least I'd hope so. It's fun to drive, and it's fun to off road, even stock :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts