S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what a regular cab s-10 with an Ls1 swap, a Z06 cam , and a 100 shot would run in the quarter? I have a 99 Lightning running 12.3-12.4's, but i could have the S-10 with the swap payed off. Just wondering, hopefully i dont get bashed on this thread.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think a lot is left open for what your wanting to know. Traction is always a major concern for times.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Itll run 12s easily, prolly right around that Lightning if not faster depending on tranny gearing and traction..

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Thats a pretty damn fast lightning, but that S10 would be alot more fun trust me. Seems like a bad ass truck, how much is it selling for? With that kind of HP seems to me like you need some huge slicks, maybe even tubbed but it would be streetable.

·
i wonder if she shaves?
298 Posts
it dont take much to get a lightning into the low 12's. they run like 13.1 from the factory. add a 6 pound pully, an intake and a chip to that equation and BAM low 12's!

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
V8 S-10 TPI said:
it dont take much to get a lightning into the low 12's. they run like 13.1 from the factory. add a 6 pound pully, an intake and a chip to that equation and BAM low 12's!
Thats so not true, I work for Ford. Around 13.8-14.2 stock. A highway patrol guy comes in alot with his modded lightning, he has alot of mods and hasn't broke 12's yet.
Your quote is true for 03 Cobra's though :)

·
i wonder if she shaves?
298 Posts
i work for ford too. im a mechanic...i fix the shit boxed all day long. unfortunatly were not an SVT dealership. but from what ive been told the stock 03 lightning will run a low 13.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ran 13.8 stock, but i have a 99 the newer ones are faster, i think the fastest one stock that ive seen was 13.2-13.3
CHIP PULLEY FILTER = 12's
But im done with truck payments, i want a payed off fast ass sleeper. So when someone pulls up next to me in a lightning and is like "nice S-10 dude" ill blow his doors off. The Lightning is not very reliable either.
Thanks Guys
Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its not Pekos truck, but his is sweet too. The one i found just has an LS1 swap, and i was going to get the Z06 cam and 100 shot for a little more fun.
Mike

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
You can change the ECM and pulleys on the Lightning and it will see mid to low 12's with slicks

·
Got spray? Got boost? (y)
3,084 Posts
I usually see the Lightnings run in the 13.7-14.2 range stock. Doesn't take much to get them into the 12's though. That combo with the 100 shot should yield a low 12 second timeslip if everything else is done right. When you start gettin into the 12's it take more then power. There is alot involved in getting the power to the ground. Thats why the Supra guys will only race on the rollers (dyno).

·
Registered
227 Posts
im doing a LS1 swap in a 96 2 door blazer using 295 12" tires zo6 cam and springs, and some other mods, but im having to rebuild the ls1 i had plans on make the swap this week but found out that crank needed to be turned so im wating on it to come back, the blazers should have no prob hooking up wiht it having a heaver back end. BTW does any one know how much the wight of the 2 door blazers are stock

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Pretty sure they're between 3700 and 4000. Dont count on it hooking without suspension mods, especially with that motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honestly ... an LS1 with an '02 z06 cam and 100 shot should easily be capable of high to mid 11s or better ...

Depending on what you build around it - exhaust, induction, tuning, suspension, tires - DRs should be enough - tranny set up, gears ... and last can you drive??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mystic Z28, thats what i thought. Everyone says low 12's, but i run that now with 420rwhp in my Lightning 4800 lbs. Just wondering if id be dissappointed with the switch.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You wont be dissapointed with a v8 swap.

Personally ide be disapointed with a lightning if anything.

to be supercharged and not be a complete fire breathing beast from hell isnt too impressive......especially with chevys ss pulling similar times with a NA engine and all wheel drive

sorry.... im not a lightning fan if you couldn't tell...... i do like fords about as much as chevys though... mainly the superduty class and up trucks

if you did a v8 swap in your s10 and put a supercharger on it you would blow away your lightning as if it was standing still
if you did a v8 swap in your s10 w/o a supercharger and had it built right there is no reason you still couldn't whoop on your lightning

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
My friend was talking to his girlfriends dad yesterday (Master mechanic at GM dealership). .. about how cheap they could get me an LS1-T56 for.. He also mentioned that there was a guy who use to work there, that has a S10 Xtreme with a built 4.3l and custom turbo system.. and the guy also has a S-series with a LS1 in it..

My friends girlfriend asked why I would want to put an LS1 in my truck.. and her dad responded with.. "Because its ****ing fast" ..

A stock LS1 puts out about 310RWHP/322RWTQ - depending on your drivetrain..
Cam/heads/headers - youd be at ~ 380RWHP/380RWTQ
With a good flowing exhaust maybe - ~390/390 rear wheel..

-Dynos to back this up

1 - 20 of 24 Posts