S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

What would it take to make flames shoot outta the exhaust on a '96 4.3 5 spd. Being fuel injected i am kinda outta ideas since older trucks it wouldnt be a problem with a big carburetor and no cat. About how much would it cost too?

thanks

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
if you want a really good one put a tank of propane in your bed(maybe a small one in the undercarriage) a spark plug in the exhaust and some means to inject the propane from your cab. probably need some kind of an acuator. the easy thing would be to ask a specialty shop to do something liek this

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
I saw a magazine the sold a flame thrower, I'll see if i can find it and give you the info, It wasn't that expensive, I don't think

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
yeah, yeah, yeah. cut your spark and dump direct fuel into the chamber and shot it out the exhaust, and into a spark plug powered by a coil, and whammo you have flames! not to mention dry cylinder walls from gas cleaning the oil off, and the fact that you cant have a catalytic converter! if there is some way to do it with propane or gas injected into exaust pipe, that would be sweet. just not a fan of killin my engine long before its time.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
it wont fry the engine as long as it dont back fire horribly....and if your have a fiber glass packed muffler you cant say bye bye to it. a small tank(like 2 lbs) could probably spit fire for a while considering it lasts about 5-6 barbecques and its going about a half hour to an hour each time. but then again you're spitting massive amounts of gas so id guess several minutes it could flame. in school were building a go kart with no exhaust and it spits a small flame so we just take some wd 40 and whoosh.

·
Got Snow?
111 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Look. do it the easy way. Your engine expells enough unburnt fuel to ignite. Take two cheap coils, like accel super stock for 20 bucks a piece. Mount them near your tailpipe on the frame. Drill a 1/2 inch hole 18 inches from the tip. Thread a spark plug in each pipe, hook them up to the coils with spark plug wires, connect the coils to the battery with a switch somewhere in the middle. And your done. Good luck.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
I heard its not good to use with electric fuel pumps... Is this true?

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Yeah I saw it in Truckin Magazine for Autoloc... It was a hefty price and I heard you could do it yourself under $15... Now that I read this, I want to do it again

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
yall are gonna be 2fast 2 furious huh? i actually heard they used alotta fake dual tips and shit for flames in that movie...maybe that could be an idea so ya dont hurt your engine

·
Registered
9 Posts
my friend did this on his truck, just put a s plug in your exhaust (near the tip) and a coil, that is hooked to a toggle switch in your cab. your engine wastes just enough fuel to ignite coming out of your exhaust.. it wont be a big flame, but noticable.. If youre looking for a big flame, hook a propane tank up to your exhaust near the s plug and run it to some kind of switch which will open and close a valve, and you have a big flame, and it should cost less than $50 total..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts