S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im buddy's s10 will slowly raise itself after a bit, real slow like barely notice it at first but if ur gone for a bit and come back its lifted completly up. i thought maybe a bad valve seal or something. it was done in KC and he doesnt remember where and doesnt know much about his setup, im gunna tinker with it sometime and help him out but i want suggestions about where to start.

i figure either bad valves, there old and wont close all the way or the ppl put them on backwards (but idk what it would do if they were on backwards). u cant hear a leak anywere and im stumped.

damn body kit and small shocks made it so i couldnt get under it to look at the under the bed setup, so anybody got any idea's?

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i thought it would be but i have never had all of the fill valves leak a little lol.

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
Maybe not just a "leak." Probably dirt or something keeping the butterfly from completely closing. Either have him hit the switches a lot and that may dislodge whatever it is. If not, he may have to take it apart and clean it. I'm pretty sure Doug has a how-to around here somewhere.

·
FloridaTruckScene.com
5,190 Posts
97bagdS10 said:
im buddy's s10 will slowly raise itself after a bit, real slow like barely notice it at first but if ur gone for a bit and come back its lifted completly up. i thought maybe a bad valve seal or something. it was done in KC and he doesnt remember where and doesnt know much about his setup, im gunna tinker with it sometime and help him out but i want suggestions about where to start.

i figure either bad valves, there old and wont close all the way or the ppl put them on backwards (but idk what it would do if they were on backwards). u cant hear a leak anywere and im stumped.

damn body kit and small shocks made it so i couldnt get under it to look at the under the bed setup, so anybody got any idea's?
i dont think you'll be able to hear a leak since the main problem is most likely the fill valve isn't fully closing so the air is just slowly running from the tank out the fill valve thru the hose and into the bags, i dont think you'll be able to hear it leak because its inside the hose and not leaking out into the air... could be wrong, but that just would make the most sense..

·
Registered
612 Posts
EEEEWWWWW GC. I cringe at the name. I had a few that would bleed up over time and I had the same with the parkers I had on my truck as well. The GC's were on a show car and the valves were mounted on a wall behind an amp rack. What a mission to disassemble that set-up for a stupid valve that kept leaking. What kind of valves are on your buddies truck?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
hey look for kinks in the lines ..I had something of a problem liek yours and the front drivers side air line was kinked inside the bag cup ..

·
Registered
533 Posts
97bagdS10 said:

weight loss 101

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Like said above not a tight seal on the fill valve,

RARE but possable may be a leak on the electric side letting in like 8VDC to each fill valve (half stuck ir going bad switch will do this)

and just barly not letting it seal tight.

for kicks put a volt meter on the coil to be sure.

a good cleaning will do the trick,

check to be sure the valve body bolts are tight too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts