S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need some suggestions on what to ask for my 1984 S-15 Jimmy. I have some ideas just wanted to see if I'm in the ballpark.

1984 S-15 Jimmy Gypsy Original Owner
48000 miles, 2.8 V6, 4x4, Auto, A\C (inop no R-12)
Galaxy Blue top white bottom, Black silver interior
Locking Diff, 3.73 axle, 20 gal fuel
power windows, full size spare, tinted window film, Clarion radio & Equalizer,
Ziebart undercoating & rustproofing. Tow hitch never towed only used it to move friends car trailer around at the races.

This truck has never seen a winter and has been garage kept, mostly original, have the original parts for what I changed rims, grill I think maybe MIA. The tail gate got dinged by a shopping cart(have pictures) and was repainted the emblem across the back was not replaced & gone. Small tear in back of driver seat very clean no rust. Have most receipts from oil changes. Original tires but are ready to be changed.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
60 Posts
wow 48k lets get some pics. The likely hood of you getting what its worth is low but if it helps I paid $3500.00 for the 88 4x4 in my sig with about 85k if your in or near ky lmk what you decide on asking for it and a few pics.

·
Rubber Cooker: Revisited
859 Posts
at least $5,000. I got mine insured with Hagerty Ins as an antique at an agreed value of $5,000 full coverage for $259 a year. They would not insure it for less than that. Mine is a 1984 Base Model S-10 with a 2.0L 4 cyl with a few slight mods. It only has 63,000 miles and still had the original paint, drivetrain, and brakes. Like yours, mine was not driven in the winter. There were only 500 2.0L powered S-10's built between 1983-84 and my grandfather was the only one to buy one with that engine in Michigan. The rest of the 2.0L S-10's were sold as fleet trucks to some large company in Cleveland, OH. I have no idea what happened to those trucks except one 1983 with the 2.0L with 300,000 miles ended up as this 15 year old kid named Nate from NJ as his first vehicle and one in Indiana thats currently getting a V8. Most ppl don't know that the 2.0L S-10 was the rarest of them all (in terms of how many were built) with only 500 built over the course of 2 years. The most common was yours with th 2.8L in 1984. With that being said at least $5k. Here is a pic of mine at a car show last year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Once Im done detailing it I will take a few pictures & post them. I'm still having a hard time letting the s-15 go it was the 1st new car I bought & paid for. I do have a Temp home for it this winter it might buy me some time to come up with plan B to keep it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts