S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1983 s-10 extended cab that is soon to be bagged and layin frame. I am sinking lots of touches into it and will paint it Lexus silver when done. What wheels do you think would look good with the silver. I don't want to spend a tone but I'm not going to be cheap--you know something middle of the road.

·
Registered
224 Posts
well...

what "look" are you going for? Sounds kinda like you are getting into the luxury/sport look. You didn't name your mods. Is your truck loaded? what motor does it have? One of my biggest gripes with guys building trucks is that they pick up a truck magazine, and say "ooohh...I'll take one of those, one of these, a sliding ragtop, a set of tribal flames, a nitrous system, a set of 22" lexanis...etc". What about a theme? To me, if you are going for a lux look(in other words, trying to make an s-10 look flashy and somewhat expensive) you better have full power accesories inside, maybe some leather planned, a nice stereo, clean up the body(mild shaving, maybe a set of jimmy rear handles), that would go with the lexus silver paint. Then you can go with a nice set of those bling-bling chromies in 18" to 20", so long as you don't have a 4 banger, cause last time I checked, luxobarges arent powered by 4 poppers... You could also go with a mild street rod look with the same mods and a set of torque thrusts, (you can never go wrong with those) or some nice billets. If you use the truck everyday, and live around sh-tty roads, go with something that is forged or cast aluminum, and stay away from billet. Overall, I'm just saying think about the way you want people to see your vehicle when it's done. Build it for yourself, and pick whatever wheels you want, just put some thought behind it before you make your decision. My advice is also to go with something that doesn't look too trendy, as wheels are expensive, and wheel styles come and go more than any other thing you can do to a vehicle(remember those ridiculously expensive "flame" wheels from a few years ago? they are a huge joke now..) Just look through any magazine, and you can date when it was built by looking at the wheels. If you have the new Sport Truck, look at the fullsize on the calendar page in the back. That thing looks like it was built in 1990, mainly because of the wheels. It's ok, it just only looked fresh in 1990....

·
Registered
9 Posts
WHAT SIZE R YOU LOOKIN FOR ?????? IF YOUR LOOK TO SAVE GAS MILEAGE AND GO WITH 15'S IF YOU GO TO EBAY AND DO A SEARCH FOR WELD RACING THERE IS A SET OF SPLIT SIXES ON THERE FOR LIKE 600 BUCKS

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
i think the 17 front 18 rear zr-1 rims, would look phat on that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts