S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,613 Posts
A month, give'r take. :cool:
My 84 with the stock 2.8 and the worn out Rochester was pretty close to that! Almost 24 seconds to 60. You had to be very careful how you pulled into traffic. It required a lot of planning! :p However, with the 3.4, 4bbl, the intake, electric fan and the 3.42 locker it only takes like a week now! Actually about 12 seconds now, which is a HUGE improvement, but if you are really looking for speed, I'd look elsewhere. Needless to say, I have a LOT of money in it now too.

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
about 3 beers, 2 sandwhiches, one episode of American chopper and Storm chasers, then maybe a bathroom break depending on wind direction.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
lol mine ain't bad with a few things done to her but it ain't nothing to brag about

·
stens rule
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I find 20 + secs to 60 to be a wee bit rediculous personally. Old vw bug with 70hp does better than that

·
3,613 Posts
I find 20 + secs to 60 to be a wee bit rediculous personally. Old vw bug with 70hp does better than that
Ha, you never rode in that slug either. It was freakin pathetic! I had an 85 Chevette with an automatic transmission that could outrun it easily.

Granted the carb could have stood a rebuild, but it didn't flood out or miss, smoke etc. It was just SLOW as shit! The 2.8 accelerated about 8 seconds quicker with the Holley. The electric fan helped some too as well as the rear end swap. I have to say though it was really in fact that bad. To say it sucked would be paying it a compliment. The fire from the Rochester was the final straw. Another story...

·
stens rule
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea u are right it does. simply because there is no way in hell nor has any vehicle ever been made that takes that long to get to 60. now if ur runnin a 5 hp briggs under the hood with the ebrake on u can try not to get up there by the 20 sec mark

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
BS aside, a good running 2.8 should have no problem getting to 60 in under 10-12 seconds I'd imagine.

·
3,613 Posts
BS aside, a good running 2.8 should have no problem getting to 60 in under 10-12 seconds I'd imagine.
Ummm, you guys have obviously never ridden in a 82-85 S-10 with a carbureted 2.8. About 110hp at best with the factory carburetor and mine was SHOT. All this with a truck that probably weighs closer to 4000lbs with my toolbox. Considering truck gearing...it ain't gonna be fast! I swear by all that is holy it was every bit that slow.

In a top condition truck? Regular cab, unloaded, one gallon of gasoline in the tank with an 88 lb Prince driving it......16-18 seconds might be possible, but highly, highly unlikely.

Now, if you are talking EFI trucks? That's a different story. They are much more capable and run far far stronger.

·
Budget Ballin FTS!
3,652 Posts
My blazer it Throttle body and it take forever to get to 60. Maybe 15 seconds? Idk I wanna time it now lol

·
3,613 Posts
My blazer it Throttle body and it take forever to get to 60. Maybe 15 seconds? Idk I wanna time it now lol
Yep...try about 15 less horsepower on the carbed version. Trust me, it hella sucked!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree, my mechanic called my engine lathargic and anemic.
God, what I would do for a V8 swap.

I would say my 0 to 60 time would beat my 60 to 80 time. My truck is horrid once it gets up there.

·
3,613 Posts
I agree, my mechanic called my engine lathargic and anemic.
God, what I would do for a V8 swap.

I would say my 0 to 60 time would beat my 60 to 80 time. My truck is horrid once it gets up there.
You'd find the 3.4 a very good alternative to the V8 swap. Just right on power to weight. Very happy with the swap so far. With the 4bbl and other mods, I am guessing about 195-200 hp. I am gonna dyno it soon and see.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.