S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody I wanted to see some input as to what type and brand if you can recommend goes best into these trucks. I replaced most steering and suspension components with greaseable parts such as moog and delco. I wanted to ask what type works best with this truck. After going to the parts store there was several options from red tacky to white lithium. Is there an optimal one for most of the components such as ball joints and tie rods etc..

also how often should i be greasing them things up?? most of the stuff i did was in early spring march/april timeframe of this year is it time to regrease??

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,693 Posts
I use Mobil1 tube grease for suspension parts, and tub grease for wheel bearings....no complaints.

·
time to get cereal
5,806 Posts
I use either Valvoline or Lucas depending on what's available or on sale at the parts store...

·
Registered
2000 Blazer SAS
391 Posts
I've used red tacky lithium grease on pretty much everything for as long as I can remember. It's always worked well. I usually buy Lucas, but any "name" brand is fine.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,693 Posts
If you grease parts according to the schedule, you don't need grease with all of the whiz-bang claims. I gbuerss as long as you're not paying a premium for it, its probably doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, what schedule you do follow btw every other oil change or every change? I live in a very dusty and dry area of colorado just wondering what interval i should follow that you can recommend?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,693 Posts
I've been called wasteful...or worse, because I change my oil (Mobil1) every 3000 miles. It's oil...it won't break the bank. When I pulled my 4.3 at 262K, the inside was as clean as the day it was built. Since I'm under there, it's a good time to squirt some grease also. I'm going to be lost when I start changing the oil on the wires Blazer...no zerks... 😂

·
Registered
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
564 Posts
I've been called wasteful...or worse, because I change my oil (Mobil1) every 3000 miles. It's oil...it won't break the bank. When I pulled my 4.3 at 262K, the inside was as clean as the day it was built. Since I'm under there, it's a good time to squirt some grease also. I'm going to be lost when I start changing the oil on the wires Blazer...no zerks... 😂
I like to keep all things humming right along, and so, since the factory didn't see fit to do it, I had the dealer add some zerk fittings in the vacuum lines to make sure the vacuum moves smoothly and efficiently! :rolleyes: Note: Do not try this at home - professional installation required.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use Lucas red and tacky grease because it's supposed to be better than normal grease. I sometimes forget to grease my zerks and I also beat on my steering. I like it and it takes awhile to go through a tube of grease.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts