S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cliff: fired, two job offers one = experince- might not pay ,but maybe in long run
Two = money- not exactly what I want, but it is a job

well I got fired Weds. after I got home I called a body shop That I put a resume in. The guy I talked siad he was planning on calling me next week as soon as he got a new painter( that what I applied for or painter assistant.) so I might here from him next week. don't know the hours or pay yet.
Now today I got a job offer to start preping Trains with amtrak. 10/hr. 40-60 hrs. a week easily. after 30 days it might bump up . It satarts monday.
No problem
well I don't know if I should stay with the trains for the money real quick or work let say 9 /hr. in a shop getting experince that everyone wants.

I guess if the shop calls I should take it , I have more a chance to become a painter at a body shop , if I already have experince in a shop

·
I'm probably drunk.
8,650 Posts
Well tell the guy you want to work for him but you have another job offer that you don't want to take but it pays better. You can haggle with an hourly wage just don't be rude or highball it.

A painter would be a pretty sweet job man. Good luck.

·
I'm a huge ass
10,798 Posts
Depends on your finances, remember a bird in the hand beats two in the bush...
:stupid:

Take the train job, then wait to see if you get the body shop. If you don't take the train job, hoping that you'll get the body shop job, and the body shop never calls, you're gonna be SOL, partner!

·
Registered
379 Posts
yep take the sure thing and who knows the train thing might lead to better things ya know?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
The train deal is a Fed job isn't it ? AmTrak is Fed. Once you get in there you
don't have to worry about things down the road. Do 20 and collect a Fed
Employee pension. I'd stick with the train deal if it has benefits after a certain
time.

·
Banned
5,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ho hum..... it's midnight I can't sleep and I have to be up at 4:30 to get ready for my first day at the new job

1 - 12 of 12 Posts