S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my eXtreme about 8 months ago after a couple year break from my old S10 the bug has bitten yet again. My old truck was 89 S10 with an ATI Procharged 383 stroker in it. I don't want to go that route again because the truck is a daily driver BUT...... I do want to modify this truck. So far all I have are Air Raid intake *is there a better one out there* and a 40s series flowmaster muffler *stock pipe size*. Now I will be getting a cervinis auto design *camaro SS* style hood. Here is what I want and if anyone thinks I should change things please let me know. I have the 4.3L V6 w/Auto tranny. (I thought the mod bug would not bite me but it has)

Headers (which should I look into)
Bigger custom exhaust 3"
Ignition (any suggestions)
I want NOS (which kit and what other things should I look into)
UDPs (who makes them if at all)
I will lower it 2" front and 3" rear
for now stock rims

These are just some things off the top of my head. I would really appreciate any info. Thank you

Larry

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
Headers - it's a toss up JBA's don't come with a y-pipe the edelbrocks do come with a y-pipe.

Bigger custom exhaust 3" - Personally flowmaster 40 series dumped right under the bed.

Ignition (any suggestions) - With NOS get the MSD Digital 6 plus, it's got the retard for your motor you need to run.

I want NOS (which kit and what other things should I look into) - Well I just purchased the Nitrous Express kit and am really pleased with it. Talk to the guy, John Stewart, from www.nitrouswarehouse.com

UDPs (who makes them if at all) - March or ASP makes pullies for 4.3's I went through www.truckperformance.com

I will lower it 2" front and 3" rear - just go with 2 inch spindles in front and either 3 inch blocks (which would be cheaper) or 3 inch dropped leafs.

for now stock rims

ALSO, the K&N generation 2 I like better than the AirRaid, but it is a little more.

You probably want to swap out the stock clutch fan with an electric fan, and if so get the Flex-a-lite Black magic #60.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
If you hurry your ass up, you can get in on the JBA group purchase at SSF... Also, Mach performance is doing a special on the NX nitrous kits the beginning of January. I dont have price detalis, but Im looking into it.

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
If you hurry your ass up, you can get in on the JBA group purchase at SSF... Also, Mach performance is doing a special on the NX nitrous kits the beginning of January. I dont have price detalis, but Im looking into it.
If all they're doing is jobber price you can get that anywhere.

·
Registered
201 Posts
RHINO!!!!!

you are becoming a slouch! Didn't ou notice that he spelled Xtreme w/ a E! And you didn't give him hell. Are you feeling alright?:D

Red01Xtreme: if you are really rich get this-

-ignition -- MSD digital programmable 7 -- ~450:rolleyes:
-direct port N2O -- ~1000+:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
StepIntoTheDark.com!!!
1,249 Posts
Re: RHINO!!!!!

mtl_hed said:
you are becoming a slouch! Didn't ou notice that he spelled Xtreme w/ a E! And you didn't give him hell. Are you feeling alright?:D

Red01Xtreme: if you are really rich get this-

-ignition -- MSD digital programmable 7 -- ~450:rolleyes:
-direct port N2O -- ~1000+:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
YA.. I guess I am getting bad in my old age..

WHERE'S MY WALKER FOCKERS..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.