S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
bank owned
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm in the process of baggin' the rear of my truck, using a CanDo 6 link setup. My question is, what did you guys do to the factory E-Brake cable? It doesn't seem like there is gonna be enough play in it to stretch the whole suspension travel. I'm not completely done putting it all back together, but like I said it just doesn't seem long enough. What should I do?

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,980 Posts
same here. i wish mine worked and i tryed to fix it before. my truck is a 5 spd so it sucks to not have it, need to always have it i gear or lay it out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you don't use the e brake a lot you won't miss it much when you cut it out. That cable is heavy duty though lol don't think you can just take shears under there.
cut off wheel? lol

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
Don't cut it. Thats the easy way out. Or, just wrap it over and along the gas tank cross member and back down to the drum. Thats also the easy way out. It ain't hard folks. Simply pull the drum apart, pull the e-brake from it, reroute it and put it back in. Zip tie it or cushion clamp it down to the gas tank cross member. Easy enough. For those who cut it and want to replace it, its cheap from Partstrain.com.

·
I'm a huge ass
10,798 Posts
and i thought SC was the only one without inspection lol
In Ohio, we've got to run front plates, but no inspection! And I'm in TN right now, so I don't have a front plate or inspection! :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts