S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just got some kmc v2 for the ride i need to know what tire size to run up front to lay out the rims are 18x9 front and the rear is 20x9 the rear i think im going with a 255/35 but dont know what to run up front thanks for the help

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
225-40-18 for the front

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
I am not too sure that a 9 inch wheel up front is going to allow you to lay out. You might have to do some cutting of the fender lip and just take the inner fender all the way out...not too sure since I don't know if it's a first or second gen S-Dime...
Chris

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a second gen and the inner fenders are coming out as soon as spring gets here. thanks for all the help guys how would a 245/40 tire be? im also getting the upper and lower arms from te barnyard custom gp and he said he will make them to help me lay out so i wont have a prob laying out just dont know what tire size to run

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i know a 9 is wide but thats the size they come in its a 18x9 with i belive a 5 1/2 backspacing hanks for the help

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
2dx3m said:
its a second gen and the inner fenders are coming out as soon as spring gets here. thanks for all the help guys how would a 245/40 tire be? im also getting the upper and lower arms from te barnyard custom gp and he said he will make them to help me lay out so i wont have a prob laying out just dont know what tire size to run
hope u don't have shocks in the front. if you do u will only be going straight.no turning for u.lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
twin thanks for the help i am running a 18/20 combo of the v2 so ill run 255/35 up front and the rear ill run 255/35 the rear rim is 20x9 also so the 255/35 will be just right or should i run a 245/45/20

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
255/35 is just fine for the 20s in the back. There's a lot of guys around here running that combo and it looks great and rides great...and nobody's had problems with bags and clearance.

245/40/18 would be fine up front or 255/35/18 if you can find them. Some times fit smaller than other so look around at different brands to see which ones will look the best and suite the rims the best.

Nate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts