S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been told it is a pre-muffler, i have been told its a pre-cat... i just wanna know what it is and can i cut it out and put my cut-out there??? it has no wires going to it so i dont think it is a pre-cat. i just dont wanna cut it out and have a bunch of codes pop up on me.

·
No longer a pizza tech.
12,165 Posts
first off, put on a raincoat. go to the carwash. get 50 in quarters and start washing that son of a bitch so we can see what were looking at.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know its dirty as hell, i work in the oil field here in east texas i think it would take more than 50 dollars in quarters but its before the cat and right next to the oil pan

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
You do realize an open exhaust v6 sounds like shit?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
All 4.3s sound like shit...No matter what you do to them...

·
Registered
450 Posts
well id say if theres no o2 sensors after the thing, you could put a cutout there, regardless of how well it sounds. i wouldnt suggest it but hey its your truck go for it, its just not the most popular idea for a stock 4.3. id keep it closed at work though seeing as how you apparently drive through a mud pit everyday hahaha

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well it turned out that it was a "pre-cat"

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Ive got 2 guesses on the OP's next thread title...... "Check Engine Light.... WTF?" or "MIL...... fml" :haha:

·
2.2 Extremist
4,310 Posts
I think it a stopsitfromflopsit valve but what do I know,
x2 on cleaning the underside
and a cutout?? no ****in' way, thats silly

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
its a pre-cat. i have seen some vehicle cel come on after cutting that one off and seen some that didn't set the cel.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
ls1s10onair said:
Ive got 2 guesses on the OP's next thread title...... "Check Engine Light.... WTF?" or "MIL...... fml"
its a pre-cat. i have seen some vehicle cel come on after cutting that one off and seen some that didn't set the cel.

And thats why God created the spark plug nonfouler

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Slight gain in exhaust tone, I removed just the precat once and left the main cat in place and I could tell a difference in sound...but there were no power gains to be had.

·
that guy
167 Posts
i have an 01 zr2 and i cut mine out and had a pipe welded in just incase it was clog and im not gettin any cel from that but my cel light is on for other reasons and yes ive checked my codes and none for that

·
Registered
655 Posts
i have an 01 zr2 and i cut mine out and had a pipe welded in just incase it was clog and im not gettin any cel from that but my cel light is on for other reasons and yes ive checked my codes and none for that
what are the other codes, just out of curiosity? any rich/lean codes or maf codes?

and ox, if it was put there stock - it was put there for a reason. if it's not clogged, i wouldn't cut it out. especially since there's an o2 sensor after the cats.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts