S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about done rebuilding my 4L60E for my 2000 4.3L S10. To get this transmission ready to put back in I am cleaning all of my grounds.

I removed the battery and bracket it sits on to get at the grounds and I found a plug just lying on the chassis not plugged into anything. I cannot figure out what it is for. All of my headlights work and my S10 doesn't have fog lights. This is my first post so I hope somebody can help me.

Here is the plug:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The PO hit a deer and I'm assuming they put in a new harness. Is this for fog lamps if there were any? Is it there because the harness is for an S10 with fog lamps?

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,250 Posts
check it with a test light- see if you have power/ground.

·
Registered
848 Posts
There are a few things there, IIRC. Horn. harness-to-harness connector. AIR pump, ABS sensor Maybe an O2 sensor? That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Fog lamp pigtail drops out at the bottom of the rad support, which might be too low from your description.

·
Been there Done it
9,246 Posts
Contacts inside the connector don't appear to have ever been connected to anything. No little wear or shiny areas.Most likely for something optional that you don't have. Can't think of anything in that area, tho.
What color are the wires?

Reactions: ala_frosty
1 - 6 of 6 Posts