S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard alot but his is new to me why isn't it called multi port injection???

whats the "C" for i thought maybe i would just come acrossed what it is but i said frigg it and here i am asking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
684 Posts
warrenp said:
i have heard alot but his is new to me why isn't it called multi port injection???

whats the "C" for i thought maybe i would just come acrossed what it is but i said frigg it and here i am asking
I believe it is central port injection
 

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Joined
·
18,047 Posts
Central Port Injection - there are 2 main fuel injectors, each with 3 popet valve injectors
 

·
the youngest has been
Joined
·
4,358 Posts
1fast4by said:
Central Port Injection - there are 2 main fuel injectors, each with 3 popet valve injectors
actually its one injector with 6 poppet valves
 

·
what it do?
Joined
·
64 Posts
tippmann243 said:
actually its one injector with 6 poppet valves
For the 1st gen's its 1 injector, I think the 2nd gens have 2, not sure though...
 

·
Got Fuel Rails?
Joined
·
4,539 Posts
Kraker_Jax said:
For the 1st gen's its 1 injector, I think the 2nd gens have 2, not sure though...
The '96 and up's have 6 injectors. 6 poppets also, except the mid '02s and up have the updated injectors that don't have poppets.

Edit, still centraly mounted though.
 

·
the youngest has been
Joined
·
4,358 Posts
Kraker_Jax said:
For the 1st gen's its 1 injector, I think the 2nd gens have 2, not sure though...
all cpi motors have one injector and like rat said all 96> have 6
 

·
what it do?
Joined
·
64 Posts
Ahhh ok, sorry about that =X

If you were to swap the mid 02+ would you need to use those heads as well? Did the design change? Or are the 96+ heads the same?
 

·
Got Fuel Rails?
Joined
·
4,539 Posts
Kraker_Jax said:
Ahhh ok, sorry about that =X

If you were to swap the mid 02+ would you need to use those heads as well? Did the design change? Or are the 96+ heads the same?
'96 and up heads are the same for the intake manifold bolt pattern. In '00 they changed to roller trunion rockers with 8mm tapped holes that make it a snap to install aftermarket rockers.

You can bolt the new injectors into a '96 up intake manifold without modification. There isn't a gain going to the new injectors in my opinion though.
 

·
what it do?
Joined
·
64 Posts
I'm looking at it that I'd simply feel better having 6 injectors and if I were to wire up MegaSquirt, since I've already wired up something with 6 cylinders before and have friends that can help me do so.

So you'd need mid02+ CPI intake manifold and 96+ heads yes? Just for bolt up.

But 00+ have a better rocker design? Is that the only change? Ports change or anything else? It'd be worth it to get the 00+ heads then?

So then it'd be 02+ CPI intake manifold and 00+ heads? Vortech heads right?
 

·
Got Fuel Rails?
Joined
·
4,539 Posts
'96+ isn't cpi. It is usualy considered csefi. All '96 and up have 6 injectors, i would just go with the older design, it will generaly support more boost if you were to go this route. All '96 will wire in the same, 2 wires per injector.

00+ are identical to '96+, except the 8mm tapped hole instead of 10mm, and it is much much easier to find studs for them. The stock rocker is also nice, here is stock and comp promagnums for the '00+: http://community.webshots.com/album/466765008qMgZLp
 

·
what it do?
Joined
·
64 Posts
TnHombre said:
i love my 93 CPI :D she's runnin so :boobies: right now :p
Agreed! Mine's 94, but I'm sure there isn't much of a difference! I run open y-pipe and its a monster! My friends are kinda scared of me, 'cause evidently it scoots pretty good compared to them!
 

·
what it do?
Joined
·
64 Posts
rat said:
'96+ isn't cpi. It is usualy considered csefi. All '96 and up have 6 injectors, i would just go with the older design, it will generaly support more boost if you were to go this route. All '96 will wire in the same, 2 wires per injector.

00+ are identical to '96+, except the 8mm tapped hole instead of 10mm, and it is much much easier to find studs for them. The stock rocker is also nice, here is stock and comp promagnums for the '00+: http://community.webshots.com/album/466765008qMgZLp

Not really worried about the boost part, but good to know!

When you said all '96 did you also mean up? Just trying to re-iterate, sorry.

I'm just trying to get rid of the poppet valves, let mechanical things to go wrong would be helpful to me, so then I could find the problem. That's just me and my way of thinking though.


Soooo.....

96+ all have 6 injectors, but 02+ have no poppets if I'm getting that right.
00+ the heads changed and have 8mm tapped holes instead of 10mm ones that weren't.
 

·
Got Fuel Rails?
Joined
·
4,539 Posts
Kraker_Jax said:
96+ all have 6 injectors, but 02+ have no poppets if I'm getting that right.
00+ the heads changed and have 8mm tapped holes instead of 10mm ones that weren't.
Yes, '96-'99 heads have 10mm tapped holes, but it is still a pain to get studs that fit properly for an adjustable valvetrain.
 

·
what it do?
Joined
·
64 Posts


Best shot right now, I can go take another if you'd like me to. I'll be getting my friend to tac on a turn down pipe for it, but I am waiting.

I might be getting a 3 inch body lift, and if that does happen, then I'm going to find a JY y-pipe and use it for the flanges that connect to each header and have a true dual exhaust system and run dual side exit exhaust between each door!!!

If you want another shot let me know.
 

·
what it do?
Joined
·
64 Posts
TnHombre said:
nope thats perfect....damn that must be hella loud!!
I love it, especially when I pass alot of people and the exhaust bounces off of them! :D People give the WTF look alot.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top