S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know where i can find a 220 extension cord for my welder. i have looked everyware.starting to get pissed off:rant: somebody hellp

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Have you heard of the brand "yellowjacket"? I'm using a 10 gauge 50' for my 220 stick welder. I payed $100 for it at the lumberyard. Great extension cord.

·
Registered
809 Posts
why dont you make on, just get some stove plugs and the same guage cord as you would for a stove install and make it however long you want. thats what we did here..just not shure exactly where it went at the moment.. and its cheaper.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah lowes and home depot dont sell them so thanks for the obvious. yeah i guess i could make one. whats the worst that could happen, oh yeah that. thanls for the help

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just buy some 6/3 SO cord, and the 2 ends (50 amp). Green to ground and match the other 2 colors to each plug. Watch for pinched wires.

·
Registered
145 Posts
6 gauge wire, 3 conductors (this cord counts the ground), SO is what the cord is called. That is the national code for a rubber jacketed portable cord. There are some variations, like SOOW, etc. The different variations have to do with the outer jacket and insulation. There are some with a relatively thin jacket for normal use, and there are others with really thick jackets for more severe use. It's basically just a really fat extension cord that comes on a spool. You should be able to get it off the wire rack at Lowe's or Home Depot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts