S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying wire taps to tap the power and acc off the base of the steering column. I need to know what size the wires are so i can buy the appropriate size taps.

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
why not strip the wire then poke a hole throuhg it thread ur wire through and wrap it aorund solder then tape...won't ahev to worry about it that way...red=constant and pink=ignition...always use a multimeter!!!

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
sorry to jack thread..1 simple question xtrememeasures:
the red=constant.. <-- is that the wire that'll allow a DVD player to turn on wen the car/truck is off? thanks and sorry again :D

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
remote door pops..they hard to install or what? i wanna put some in my truck..

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
oh i c...oh yea plus wanna hoop the poppers to my alarm..like the aux button..i can do that too right? cuz theres a feature on my alarm that allows u to down or up the windows with the aux..but i dont have p/w..only locks(cuz i put actuators)...so yea i could use the poppers instead of the p/w right? thanks :D

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
03 S10 eXtreme said:
oh i c...oh yea plus wanna hoop the poppers to my alarm..like the aux button..i can do that too right? cuz theres a feature on my alarm that allows u to down or up the windows with the aux..but i dont have p/w..only locks(cuz i put actuators)...so yea i could use the poppers instead of the p/w right? thanks :D
yes this is possible i have the same setup on my truck. my aux button opens my driver side door and when i hold both buttons on the bottom of my remote it opens the passenger side door. so yes very possible. not to certain about how it gets hooked up though. i didn't install my alarm and door poppers.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you do it that way you dont need a brain. Just two soloinoids and run them to a your alarm through relays. The way you do it is you would have aux outputs on the alarm that puts out around 300ma or something so run that to relays and from relays to poppers

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
oh ic..hrmm..sounds good sounds good..i wanna shave my handles now..kinda no use havin them if i got poppers eh? heh thanks guys..oh and sorry for jacking thread :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts