S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wonderin' what size of stall you guys think is best for my truck? 3200? 3000? I'm considering a yank 3200, but can't find the website!?! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
A lot of it depends on what you will use the truck for. If its going to be a lot of daily driving, I think 3200 is too high. Im gonna go with a 2800 I think. Talk to 98SSONNOS. He seems to know his sh!t.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
3400 Stall with a cam that quits at 4400 rpm technically ( End of power range), on the street. Not a wise choice at all, no more than 2400 and thats pushing it. Maybe if the motor could acheive over 6000 RPM's.

·
My-chilled, MACH boost
694 Posts
Also depends on tire & gear sizes.
I'm told driveablity goes way away on our trucks with the computers they have if you install a cam hardly any bigger than stock. This is from a builder that has taken them out after the customer told him to install it & gave up trying to live with it. So according to this, if your considerig a cam also consider DFI :rolleyes: :cool:

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
if u put a 3200 stall in it it will not engage at 3200 it actually engages about 2800. stall converters are not as acturate as people think

1 - 6 of 6 Posts